Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about the heat

Options
  • 18-07-2006 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

maybe a silly question but would it be ok to use a laptop out in the heat at the moment?

think it must be nearly 30 degrees, would it be ok to have a laptop out in that direct sunlight?

cheers

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Was wondering the same yesterday. Didn't have any effect on mine. But i could imagine it effecting some laptops. If it powers off while outside in this heat it could very easily be temp related.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Should be in the manual tech specs that came with your laptop. I think its usually stated that temperatures should be between 0°C and 35°C when operating and can be between -20°C and 60°C when not in use. I'm sure these are well safe figures so I'd say they can handle at lot more heat than the companies say.

EDIT: heres a link:
    http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/usingyourlaptop/tp/hotlaptoptips.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭event

cheers, was just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My laptop works with the patio heater on.

Advertisement