Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting your car keyed

Options
  • 18-07-2006 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

I do my best to keep my car in good condition, but I returned to it last week only to find that some little scrote had keyed my passenger side! Done accross both doors and the rear wing, right down to the metal.

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT??? :mad:

Completely f*cked off over it, as I have a matching one on the other side.

And it's not just me - I saw a couple of year old Peugeot, kept in fantastic condition, in the same carpark the following day with all four panels on the passenger side done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

May I ask was it a black BMW as pictured in you're Signature ?

But yeh, Little Pr!cks tbh who do this ****. They just have nothing else to do.. Scum.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

Sorry to hear 'bout your car fey. Its the sort of idiots from the BMW drivers unite thread that go on and on about BMW drivers ra ra ra. Deliberate attempts to distroy anothers property simply because of their jealously.
    Happened to me last year and had to get whole car resprayed as the marks were very deep and were spread across all side panels. And people wonder why were so protective of our cars and park over dividing lines in spaces??

Have you sourced a qoute on a resray yet? If you go onto the bmw-driver.net forum, im sure you get more info there. Very useful website i might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

HJ - it is the car in the sig pic.

Iban - I hang around on 'driver from time to time, and have been to some events with a few of the lads there.

However, this isn't an issue confined to brand. Like I said, the other car I saw was a Peugeot, which the owner obviously keeps well. It seems to me that if you take pride in your car, and keep it polished and in as good a condition as you can, then some little git is going to take offence because they won't put the time and effort into keeping their own car well.

It's just made me wonder why do I bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

My list from living in waterford city center over the last 5 years....

1) Front passenger door kicked in
    2) Two big Scratch in Rear Passenger door
    3) Passenger door screwdriverd to get at stereo that wasn't in the glove box
    4) Driver door dented by car parked next to me
    5) Driver window broken after for stereo again not in car
    6) Passenger Windows broken with rock

Fey! wrote:
    HJ - it is the car in the sig pic.

Iban - I hang around on 'driver from time to time, and have been to some events with a few of the lads there.

However, this isn't an issue confined to brand. Like I said, the other car I saw was a Peugeot, which the owner obviously keeps well. It seems to me that if you take pride in your car, and keep it polished and in as good a condition as you can, then some little git is going to take offence because they won't put the time and effort into keeping their own car well.

It's just made me wonder why do I bother?

I agree it isnt a brand name. But i dont think its the gits that "take offence" but an opportunity to vandalise something thats isnt theirs to begin with. I dont know whether its envey, jealously or just plain spite.

F•ck the little knackers. You obviously take pride in your car and when you've moved onto a 6 series in a couple of years, still the same people will be roamin the streets looking for cars to vandalise. Who'll be laughin then? Thats the way i look at it. Sometime soon they'll be caught in the act and my god if i ever seen anyone near my car with a key id go absolutely mental and knock the livin p|ss out of them.
    A life of crime is a life of misery!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nice car.. shame though. I assume you were parked normally? Only logical (but unjustifiable) reason i can think of is if you took up 2 parking spaces to avoid other car doors hitting yours.

Other than that, just scumbags! The type who think its ok to throw bottles at Firemen etc.

speaking of which..yesterday i went to my car after work after posting on this thread some some juvanile skank had rubbed chewing gum all over my back windscreen. Needless to say (even though it was slightly thought out) the gum melted with the heat and was a complete bitch to get off.

Good kick in the hole is what these petrol sniffin', horse bangin', ball lickin', pooh suckin' skanks need.

Saruman - I tend to be very careful to park between the lines, adjusting my mirrors as I reverse to make sure I don't cross them (I tend to reverse into spaces, and keep the car more to the left of the space so I can open my door without hitting other cars).
    I also make sure not to park in invalid spaces, etc.
    The space I was parked in when the damage was done this time was an isolated space - it has a wall on one side, with a barrier and an entrance to Jurys hotel on the other, so noone could have parked beside me.

So then it was just ignorant scumbags!!
    Near a Jurys? Maybe some CCTV? Never know.. they might be "known to police".

The carpark is private, and they only have cameras on certain levels. That space isn't covered! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tafkam

A mate of mine (too rich for his own good) walked back to his car one night and it was keyed down one side. A load of scumbags on the wall beside him were giggling away. So he takes out his key and keys the other side of the car. The scumbags were gobsmacked.

Private? wow a supermarket or shopping centre i can understand but what are keying scumbags doing in private car parks??? Whats the world coming to?
    A mate of mine (too rich for his own good) walked back to his car one night and it was keyed down one side. A load of scumbags on the wall beside him were giggling away. So he takes out his key and keys the other side of the car. The scumbags were gobsmacked.
    classic :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ibanezjem wrote:
    Good kick in the hole is what these petrol sniffin', horse bangin', ball lickin', pooh suckin' skanks need.

Or perhaps conscription and a good old-fashioned war.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Both my boot (BMW E39) and my wifes boot (Pug 206) were keyed whilst they were parked in our drive. Passing folk/neighbours kids saw the boot close to the path and went for it!
    I'd cut their legs off and feed them to the little buggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

tafkam wrote:

I've heard that one before

Saruman wrote:
    Private? wow a supermarket or shopping centre i can understand but what are keying scumbags doing in private car parks??? Whats the world coming to?

Bad description on my part - it's privately owned, as in not part of the hotel. Anyone in Galway will tell you to avoid parking in it, not due to trouble or excessive vandalism, but it's the tightest multistory carpark on the planet!!! Regular parkers in there all, at sometime, at the "Jurys Kiss" (it's refered to as Jurys Carpark, but it's actually Claddagh Carpark) - the kiss is where you misjudge the tightness of the ramp and take bits off your car!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

Sorry to hear that Fey, (nice car though!!)

I know how you feel, I got my baby (91 Honda Integra) fully resprayed, new alloys the whoe shebang. The work cost me about 3000 punts at the time. I had the car back with the work done literally two days, and driving thorugh Ballymun, some sh*te bag hoofed a rock at the car, hit the drivers door, and left a nice half inch deep, 3 inch long gash right in the new paintjob. All on his own, and stood there laughing til I stopped and got out.

INcidentally, I was on the way home from identifying my uncle's body in hospital so you can imagine my mood, and if I had caught the little, ahem, person, I WOULD have killed him. Sadly, he was a lot more nimble than me and managed to do the hurdle jump over loads of fences.

Over reaction on my part maybe, but these people are dirt.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Fey! wrote:
    Bad description on my part - it's privately owned, as in not part of the hotel. Anyone in Galway will tell you to avoid parking in it, not due to trouble or excessive vandalism, but it's the tightest multistory carpark on the planet!!! Regular parkers in there all, at sometime, at the "Jurys Kiss" (it's refered to as Jurys Carpark, but it's actually Claddagh Carpark) - the kiss is where you misjudge the tightness of the ramp and take bits off your car!
    I parked in there earlier this year. I never saw the likes of it. It took me ages to go up from one level to the next as I wasn't going to add more paint to the pillars!
    Funny, when I was there I thought of unkel and wondered if his 7 series would even make it up the ramps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

In relation to it being a BMW, I don't think Irish BMW drivers are any problem on the road really, but those English 5 series ***** that come over are such pricks on the road.

My car got keyed as well just because I parked outside the air pump (for FIVE mins, either there or disabled), and he is a known dick as well. They should get severely fined for doing that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sorry to hear that, Fey :(
    Archeron wrote:
    I WOULD have killed him
    Archeron wrote:
    Over reaction on my part maybe

Maybe, but you'd have done mankind a favour removing that from the gene pool before it could procreate
    kbannon wrote:
    Funny, when I was there I thought of unkel and wondered if his 7 series would even make it up the ramps

Haven't parked there, but find some of the multistories in Dublin pretty tight. No scratched paint yet and I do have PDC front and rear, which makes it a bit easier :)

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    I parked in there earlier this year. I never saw the likes of it. It took me ages to go up from one level to the next as I wasn't going to add more paint to the pillars!

A 7 will get up there, as will a Lexus LS400 and an M635. Even our Kia Sedona gets up there (although you do have to watch that the roof doesn't catch the airvents when reversing into a parking space!).

The 5 is suprisingly nimble on the ramps; it's more the pillars beside the parking spaces that you have to watch, along with the metal bars beside some of them, the airvents in the corner spaces (lost a rear windscreen on a Marea Weekend on one of them - €750 to replace; TG for insurance!), and the amazingly bad parking in general in there (had one person clip the corner of my bumper the day after a respray!)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Fey! wrote:
    The 5 is suprisingly nimble on the ramps

Yet another benifit of RWD: shorter turning circle :)

I.e. a current 7 has a much smaller turning circle than an Avensis

Advertisement