Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New leon Cupra (240bhp, FWD & Massive Brakes!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

And who said the hothatch was dead.

Looks the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

nice not so sure bout the canary yellow tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Very Very stylish looking and impressive figures. Lets just hope we see more of these then we did of the old CupraR.
    With regard to the Canary Yellow, I'd prefer a more stronger yellow, That yellow looks a bit fadded Imho. But a red or black one would look hot.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Someone buy my old car so I can get a cupra!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nice car and if anything like the last one, it should be pretty handy on the track as well(hope they sorted the steering feel though). Is it me or does this recent styling that resembles a fat peanut not appeal? The civic seems to have started the trend. Maybe because we're all getting fat arses our cars are catching up :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Slinky>

I wouldnt be so keen on 240bhp and front wheel drive, I dont like that torque steer feeling, Pity they didnt use something like the quattro system from the S3.

Dont see many cupra's in Ireland im guessing people prefer the badge of there posh big brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Where will the plagurism from alfa end. They've gone and copied the racing style instruments with 0RPM and 0MPH at the 6 o'clock position on the dials but it's obvious they didn't understand what they were doing because they made the rev counter smaller than the speedo.

Please enlighten me as to how you can be a plagiarist of your own work, the new leon was fully designed by walter de Silva, who's previous designs included the 156 and 147.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice, but please not in canary yellow. That's for Lamborghinis only :)

To give it 4WD would take a lot of sales away from high end Golfs and A3s, so I bet VAG is not interested. Like Slinky, I'm wondering about the torque steer. Although in a straight line it'll be damn fast. 240BHP out of a small 4-pot is pretty good going too

@hashslinging: I'll bet ando will order one very soon too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'm aware of who walter de silva is and who he's worked for. The racing dials are not his design however. They were lifted from the gtv/spider, designed by pinninfarina, for use in the 156.
    Please enlighten me as to how you can be a plagiarist of your own work, the new leon was fully designed by walter de Silva, who's previous designs included the 156 and 147.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Saw a car with the exact same vynil as this one in Belfast yesterday:
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7565&g2_serialNumber=4

Was driving towards a VW dealership I think, I didnt get a look at it, but I thought i was just a run of the mill Leon with vynils on, could it really have been the new cupra?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

unkel wrote:
    @hashslinging: I'll bet ando will order one very soon too :D

haha, yea i wish.. no really I dont like the styling and shape of the new Cupra. I much prefare the agressive look from the older model :( "older" :(. Does anyone know if they are going to be sold over here, the first model was never sold here except for the odd person/dealer that imported

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭omega man

The old model was always available here on special order. The new model will be available but what price??? The previous Cupra R had a list price of
    39250 euro so i imagine it will go over the 40K mark. I really like the old
    cupra R but its very dated now, especially the dodgy interior. Had great
    engine and brakes etc but needed an overhaul after 5 years or so. I was thinking of buying one in the UK as the few over here are been sold way
    overpriced but i think i will oder the new Leon FR petrol version with the 18''
    wheel option.

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5290

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

The old Cupra R interior was no worse then the Mk4 golf. And to be honest, like the new focus and the new Golf's interior I hear people complaining about I don't know if its that much worse. Especially if you compare it to the Corolla the Seat Leon Cupra R ( old model ) certainly isn't bad. Alot of interiors in small hatchs is never that impressive and tbh for a car like this it certainly wouldnt be the deciding point for me.

Hj

The FR replaced the Sport I think, personally I'd prefer the FR to the cupra as it should be around the same money as the sport which came in at 30,000 euros, considering you can remap that engine to 260bhp for 450 odd euros, 260 on a front wheel drive car would be ok as it could have a system like the old Focus RS that limited the torque in the first two gears. I think when the 1.8T Golf came out with 150bhp everyone said it would be too much also, and that chassis went to 225bhp on the cupra mk1. Im waiting for the 300bhp remap.

@ Ando, the design is starting to grow on me now, in the same way the 5 series has, even the standard leon looks good on the road, looks very low and sporty. *Mods sorry for mentioning a BMW in a SEAT post*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭omega man

FR (Petrol) will be priced 32900 i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Should be on rotten.com IMHO

Advertisement