Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB ports not working.

Options
  • 18-07-2006 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Right, I've got a problem with my lappy, and it's really annoying me now! Basically, i somehow got myself into a situation where I had to repair-reinstall windows, this worked well enough,(i still get a few random error messages) only I noticed that my sound and wireless had stopped working. However once i re-installed SP2 they were fine, presumable because the drivers could only run on SP2. But, after a day or two,i tried to upload onto my mp3, i noticed that none of my USB ports were working. They still appear in device manager, but they just dont work. This is my lappy if its any help : http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/?m=home&sn=543404930233

Any help appreciated(and desperately needed) lads.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Did you get any driver disc with the laptop? Maybe try re-installing the drivers for the USB controllers if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Nope, no discs came with the laptop, I checked as soon as i got it home the day i bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This happened to me previously also. To get round it temporarily I plugged in a usb hub. I'm not sure how I actually managed to get it working again but it was some sort of combination of deleting all the usb devices / root hub entries in the system devices and some usb registry entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Sorted it! Uninstalled everything under USB in device manager, rebooted, and bingo! Cheers for the help anyway lads!

Advertisement