Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aircon re-gas

Options
  • 17-07-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anyone decent around the Dublin area to get air-con checked and regased ? at a decent price !!?!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's a guy called John Kenealy in Tallaght who's good & cheap. I don't have his number on me, but he's in the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

What type of car is it?

generally air con systems don't need to be re-filled.

bbability wrote:
    What type of car is it?

generally air con systems don't need to be re-filled.

They do actually, usually every couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I did mine not so long ago with the halfrauds kit,gas/cleaner/sealer all in one for €60.John K wanted 100 to do it so i decided to give diy a bash!

All you do is attach it to an aicon pipe and press the trigger on the can,untill its reached the correct pressure again

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Cheers Lads.

I've used the Halfords kit before but i want to get the system checked to make sure theres no leaks.

@eireal, was €100 for check & re-gas or just re-gas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I got these guys to do my S320 full check over clean and regas. €140.00

Auto Air Conditioning

Ballinlough,
    Dunshaughlin,
    Co. Meath,
    Ireland.

Phone: +353-1-825 0543
    Mobile: (086) 202 3523

E-mail: info@autoair.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

@Dave he just said to me a refill on my car was 100e.Do you still have the pressure gauge off the halfords kit?You may get an idea if your leaking by where its sitting at now.

Also if you dont mind diy theres UV repair and seal kits on ebay that arent too expensive either

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Contacted John K today who will do check & re-gas for €90, nice one :cool:

So has anyone used him and is he reliable ? Seemed to know his stuff when talking to him on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

nialler wrote:
    I got these guys to do my S320 full check over clean and regas
    will it stay filled though?
    the s class has a major problem area in that the condensor corodes, apparantly requires the dash removed to get to it at a cost of about 2000 sterling. many mercs suffer this at around 7 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Was driving my mothers 18 month old car today and the air con didnt seem very effective. It's still under warranty - will they regas it for free?

• Advertisement

DaveD wrote:
    Contacted John K today who will do check & re-gas for €90, nice one :cool:

So has anyone used him and is he reliable ? Seemed to know his stuff when talking to him on the phone.

My family have been using him for years. I've never asked him to do more than regas cars, but he's always done that well & cheaply. From talking to him, he does appear to know his stuff.

Advertisement