Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine light on Seat Ibiza

Options
  • 17-07-2006 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I need help or should I my car needs help...:confused:

02 Seat Ibiza Signo 1.4 petrol. Bought it a year ago. Its a grand car but now and again two engine lights come on. the "EPC" and the standard engine managment light come on together. They stay on and the "epc" light dissapears and then a few days later the other light turns off aswell. It might last a week or a month and then the whole process starts off again. .
    Now I've had it back to Seat and they've found nothing wrong with the vehicle itself. I brought it to a mate of mine who works for VW and he believes that their could be a slight hairline crack in the manifold causing the trouble. A costly one if it is. Any have any experience with same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I've never had that problem with my Ibiza, but if I have any bother with it in general I have a scout around here. They are fairly helpful too. English site, but they should be able to give you some advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Any dealer (VW or otherwise) with an OBD2 scantool will be able to read what the computer (ECU) thinks is wrong. This is usually the first place to start.

Even if the light is not on now, the fault code will be stored in the ECU's memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I'm afraid its been plugged into two different Vw/Seat VAG sockets and no faults have been recorded by the cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Has the peddle box been done on the car (a weakness with the ibiza)

I had the same promblem where the EPC used to come on once in a while, it turned out you need a modified brake light switch when the peddle box is replaced.

failing all else maybe a seat dealership can reset the ecu to the default factory setting to wipe the error code .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

bbability wrote:
    I need help or should I my car needs help...:confused:

02 Seat Ibiza Signo 1.4 petrol. Bought it a year ago. Its a grand car but now and again two engine lights come on. the "EPC" and the standard engine managment light come on together. ...... Any have any experience with same?

EPC stands for what, Fly by wire throttle control?.

If so, then you may have a throttle body or accelerator sensor problem.

First off, I'd clean the throttle body, the throttle plate may simply be sticking in gunk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

The Throttle Body sensor was cleaned a few weeks ago. Would you believe the light went out this morning on start up. However got some information from a few other websites today. A new coil pack may be required. The car is failing to hold a code error on vagcom. Anyway its due NCT tomorrow so lets hope the light stays off long enough.

Advertisement