Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

penalty points on licence

Options
  • 16-07-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi, I was stopped at a checkpoint doing nearly 50 mph in a 30mph zone. Anyway the guard took my details and said I was getting 2 points which is fair enough.

I just want to know how much my premium will increase. I have a full licence and am with axa. And how long does the letter for the court appearence take to arrive???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No increase for 2 points . Told Axa when I renewed and it was not a problem. You can expect points to be applied up to 6 months after the offence. Letter should arrive inside a month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Will they write to me when the points are expired, so to speak, I wonder?

I got mine pretty close to the introduction, so it'll be soon enough, I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No, you get no letter from them when the points are expired.

Bloody hell! So how do you find out when they're gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa daly

is_that_so wrote:
    No increase for 2 points . Told Axa when I renewed and it was not a problem. You can expect points to be applied up to 6 months after the offence. Letter should arrive inside a month or so.

Thats good to hear. It might be one thing renewing your policy with your existing insurance company but would they still give you a similar quote if you were a new customer with points on your licence??? Could you still shop around when its time to renew??

For example, I couldnt get a online quote when I declared the penalty points!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

overdriver wrote:
    Bloody hell! So how do you find out when they're gone?

You count 3 years from the date of issue.

Not too hard really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

overdriver wrote:

I got mine pretty close to the introduction, so it'll be soon enough, I reckon.
    Shortly after a mate's points expired he received a letter confirming this. It's possible he might have requested the letter, don't know.

Bluetonic wrote:
    You count 3 years from the date of issue.

Not too hard really.

Who can remember stuff like that?

Actually, I called them yesterday, and the gaps between when the offences took place and when the opints were applied are ridiculous. That needs to be changed, IMO
    Anyway, they DO write to you, according to the lady I spoke to there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Overdriver wrote:
    Yes.

Dept. of Transport sends a "Notification of Removal of Penalty Points" which details the date of the offence (or alleged offence), the nature of the offence and also the total points on your record following the removal of the points on the notice.

You can contact Dept. of Transport on 1890 41 61 41 to enquire if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

overdriver wrote:
    Who can remember stuff like that?

Anyone who puts their mind to it and is concerned enough to make a mental note. Perhaps your not eating enough fish?

It's not really that hard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement