Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba A40 241-Wireless Capability? / Speaker problem

Options
  • 15-07-2006 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

My friend has a Toshiba A40 241. In the user's manual it says to press:
    [Fn] +F8 to enable the wireless function and it states that a dialog box will come up... he's tried this and the box hasn't come up....the user's manual also states that if no wireless communication device is installed, no dialog box will appear ... Can we assume this laptop has no wireless capability? (this may seem like a rather silly question but I'd thought I'd ask just in case we've forgotten something really obvious!)....

Also, the speakers don't work either and never have done since it was bought new from Hardly Normal (over a year and a half ago).... what can we do to make sure all the right bits and pieces (very technical I know) are in the laptop and to make it work...?...

Thanks in advance guys....:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

justagirl wrote:
    My friend has a Toshiba A40 241. In the user's manual it says to press:
    [Fn] +F8 to enable the wireless function and it states that a dialog box will come up... he's tried this and the box hasn't come up....the user's manual also states that if no wireless communication device is installed, no dialog box will appear ... Can we assume this laptop has no wireless capability? (this may seem like a rather silly question but I'd thought I'd ask just in case we've forgotten something really obvious!)....
    A quick google suggests: no wireless built in.
    Also, the speakers don't work either and never have done since it was bought new from Hardly Normal (over a year and a half ago).... what can we do to make sure all the right bits and pieces (very technical I know) are in the laptop and to make it work...?...
    oO
    And it's only an issue now?

First: Test with headphones/external speakers. Do you hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Thanks for reply Karoma. No wireless for sure, thanks for confirmation - will get them wireless network card.
    Karoma wrote:
    oO
    And it's only an issue now?

First: Test with headphones/external speakers. Do you hear anything?

Yes, yes, I know, I know - have ab. no idea how they didn't realise there was no sound until now.. But, today they plugged in headphones and got sound....... plugged out headphones and still got sound through speakers! (weird - it wasn't working the other day) so I've no idea what happened but your suggestion worked... Thank you very much. Much appreciated.:)

Advertisement