Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarke @ Loch Lomond

Options
  • 15-07-2006 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Clarke is hitting it beautifully all week so far... Will he keep it up though? He always seems to have a bad round in most tournaments - hopefully not this week...

When Darren plays like this he looks as good as any golfer in the world... Totally effortless...

Keep it up Man...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hes doing great, hopefully won't slip up in the last round, fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I'd love clarke to win one, he's overdue a win. Especially considering whats going on in his private life at the moment.

He's playing well though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Poor Clarke, hes jinxed in the final rounds. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Am I the only one who thought he had lost like 4 stone weight?? He looks lean and mean!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

css wrote:
    Am I the only one who thought he had lost like 4 stone weight?? He looks lean and mean!!

He's actually put a fair bit of weight back on believe it or not... A couple of years ago when in contention for the US Open, Clarke found that he suffered in the heat and humidity due to his - then excessive - weight in the final round...

He then lost a whole heap of weight - I'd say definitely more than four stone, maybe five or six? - as a result of a manic diet/workout regime... He's since put some back on, intentionally I think because his new-found slimmer physique had knocked his swing out of kilter a bit and I would also assume that with his personal problems working out and hitting the gym have taken on a much lesser priority in his life...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Fancy Ollie myself as an outside bet as this is not a Tiger course...it will all come down to who is the tidiest arond the greens. There's none better than Ollie.

My bets with Paddypower.com:

€2 e/w McDowell @ 125/1
    €2 e/w Ollie @ 50/1
    €2 e/w Dodd @ 200/1
    €2 e/w McGinley @ 100/1

May lay some down on Harrington & Luke Donald also. At this rate I'll have bets on half the field by tmw night!!

Madds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

loch lommond is over madds, the lads were talking about last weeks scottish open, you seem to have yourself well covered for Royal Liverpool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

loch lommond is over madds, the lads were talking about last weeks scottish open, you seem to have yourself well covered for Royal Liverpool though.

Doh! Thanks JR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I give Tim Clark a shout for the Open, myself. He's been on good form lately.
    Got him at 66/1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement