Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card games for two

Options
  • 15-07-2006 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I'm travelling at the moment with my girlfriend at the moment and there are some GARGANTUAN journeys ahead of us because transport in Laos in painfully slow.

So, can someone suggest some good card games for two? Preferably with some element of skill or streategy involved.

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I know a good "patience" that involves 2 people but is also a game. But I need to just check out the rules again before I post it. I learnt it in Denmark and it can take quite awhile for it to finish.

I'll be back later with the instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

SPIT is possibly the best card game for two people ever.

I started trying to explain but it was so hopelessly longwinded that I think this would be more useful.

http://www.pagat.com/patience/spit.html

I started trying to explain but it was so hopelessly longwinded that I think this would be more useful.[/url]
    I'm having the same trouble trying to explain "Teasing Patience" (a rough translation from the Danish). It's a 2 pack card game.

Do you have 2 packs of cards?

I'll try and work on getting the rules into an understandable, non-longwinded combination. I can't find them online anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

SPIT is possibly the best card game for two people ever.

I started trying to explain but it was so hopelessly longwinded that I think this would be more useful.

http://www.pagat.com/patience/spit.html

I know that game but my girlfriend has a strange aversion to it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Spit is the best game ever! just watch out in case you lose some fingers.

• Advertisement

I'm having the same trouble trying to explain "Teasing Patience" (a rough translation from the Danish). It's a 2 pack card game.

Do you have 2 packs of cards?

I'll try and work on getting the rules into an understandable, non-longwinded combination. I can't find them online anywhere.
    I give up :( I'm really sorry but there's no way of explaining this game without sitting you down and showing you how to play it.

How about Racing Dragons? Where both of you have a pack of cards and play out a normal Klondike patience against the other. The first one to get the patience to come out without cheating is the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Spit is, without question, the most fun ever! I'm going inter-railing with a firend of mine and we're looking forward to the long train journeys of spit playing more than anything else! It could be a dodgy game to play with your girlfriend though, as it has been known to cause extreme competitiveness (is that even a word, it doesn't look like one?) in even the most sanguine of individuals. :)

Advertisement