Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Dublin when you're drunk.

Options
  • 14-07-2006 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Inspired by the great film "Things to do in Denver when you're dead" I thought I start this thread about things to do in Dublin when you're drunk !!

My favorite thing to do is find a 24/7 store and stock up on chocolate :D and then queue for a taxi for 2 hours ;)

Oh the hilarity ...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

K-TRIC wrote:
    Inspired by the great film "Things to do in Denver when you're dead" I thought I start this thread about things to do in Dublin when you're drunk !!

My favorite thing to do is find a 24/7 store and stock up on chocolate :D and then queue for a taxi for 2 hours ;)

Oh the hilarity ...

I cannot stand Chocolate when im drunk,

Makes me feel ill,

I need something hot and greasy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Drink more has to be the answer , as you can never have to much booze ! unless ur in A+E having ur stomache pumped and then you might think about stopping !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

WellyJ wrote:
    I need something hot and greasy

Is that open to interpretation? Dirty fcecker.

http://www.jardmail.co.uk/misc/onlydrunk.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Vomint tbh.

What else do you do when totally intoxicated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Take a trip to the hospital, broken bones, etc. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Shouting at people while at the same time not getting into a fight has to be my favourite. It's a delicate balance of sussing out the right sort of person (i.e. the one that won't lamp you) and making the abuse harsh enough to make them wonder if you're serious and light hearted enough so they won't hit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Run riot around the liffey until someone falls in then do it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Stumble around Temple Bar!

Also, sing along with buskers.

They like that :) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

man the amount of things i've done whilst drunk.

I once woke up in Cork Hospital (after some idiot taking me there when I passed out) and started chatting up the night nurse, thinking it was the girl whose house we'd been in, I complemented her on what a large living room she had (the waiting room)

I also have a penchant for going into the nearest chipper and saying "do you have chicken wings?" when they answer yes, I say "well fly over there and get us a quarter pounder and chips then"

I remember going up to one of our lecturers that came out with us from college with the sole purpose of using the word double entendre, I ended up using the word "double ender" about 15 times, which my lecturer found amusing. Or instead of asking for Erdinger, asking for Nerdlinger

Also, going into Burger Kings (or McDonalds if you're REALLY drunk) on O'connell st. and asking for various weird sexual fetishes (i.e. can I have a felch, no dirty sanchez, with a side of Hot Carl and a sprinkle of Cleveland steamer) the foreigners have no idea what i'm talking about which makes it even more hilarious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Mola.mola

L31mr0d wrote:
    man the amount of things i've done whilst drunk.

I once woke up in Cork Hospital (after some idiot taking me there when I passed out) and started chatting up the night nurse, thinking it was the girl whose house we'd been in, I complemented her on what a large living room she had (the waiting room)

I also have a penchant for going into the nearest chipper and saying "do you have chicken wings?" when they answer yes, I say "well fly over there and get us a quarter pounder and chips then"

I remember going up to one of our lecturers that came out with us from college with the sole purpose of using the word double entendre, I ended up using the word "double ender" about 15 times, which my lecturer found amusing.

Also, going into Burger Kings (or McDonalds if you're REALLY drunk) on O'connell st. and asking for various weird sexual fetishes (i.e. can I have a felch, no dirty sanchez, with a side of Hot Carl and a sprinkle of Cleveland steamer) the foreigners have no idea what i'm talking about which makes it even more hilarious. :D

you sound like an obnoxious twat :D

• Advertisement

Mola.mola wrote:

... and the guy who shouts at people on the street whom he doesn't want to fight isn't? I don't do this when i'm sober, I just remember doing it when i'm drunk. What lad isn't obnoxious when drunk?

Do you maybe work in Burger King on O'Connell St. perchance? Deeply sorry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

[QUOTE=L31mr0dWhat lad isn't obnoxious when drunk?

[/QUOTE]

Im not, most of my friends arent. Some guys are though, they can really piss me off

EDIT: the things you mention are quite funny, theyre not really obnoxious. Like people who make rude comments to women/ foreigners/ start arguments when drunk.

L31mr0d wrote:
    ... and the guy who shouts at people on the street whom he doesn't want to fight isn't? I don't do this when i'm sober, I just remember doing it when i'm drunk. What lad isn't obnoxious when drunk?

Do you maybe work in Burger King on O'Connell St. perchance? Deeply sorry :D

well at least ed is running the risk of getting a thump for his efforts but you're just ripping the piss out of foreigners working in macdonalds at 3am who can't climb over the counter and give you the beating you deserve. i'd imagine you drink far too much and are one of those people that are just a nuisance on a night out. i suggest you rethink you're life. or not. you seem to be enjoying yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Mola.mola wrote:

Seconded.

Mola.mola wrote:
    well at least ed is running the risk of getting a thump for his efforts but you're just ripping the piss out of foreigners working in macdonalds at 3am who can't climb over the counter and give you the beating you deserve. i'd imagine you drink far too much and are one of those people that are just a nuisance on a night out. i suggest you rethink you're life. or not. you seem to be enjoying yourself.

I'm not picking on foreigners, its just they seem to be the only people who work in fast food restaurants these days. Plus the majority of Irish people wouldn't know what i'm talking about either, and you can imagine what you like. I've only gone out drinking maybe 4 times since the year started, and it was always on a college night out, and i'm clearly not drinking far too much as I remember it all. I've seen people spit at people over the counter, throw their food on the floor behind them, take a swing at them, climb up on the counter, leave their rubbish lying all over the place when they leave (des bishop - abrakestabras) and you think by saying something that gets a few laughs from my mates and whoever understands me behind the counter is being Obnoxious? You seem like the kinda of person that gets all moody when drunk and probably ends up crying in the toilets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

find a playground!! really, so much fun. Specially the swings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭antSionnach

ever go on one of those horse and carts rides with your girlf, theyre mad craic. but its not really romantic or classy when your both feeling like puking your guts up from the vodkas and the motion sickness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

L31mr0d wrote:

funny

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dead Ed wrote:
    Shouting at people while at the same time not getting into a fight has to be my favourite. It's a delicate balance of sussing out the right sort of person (i.e. the one that won't lamp you) and making the abuse harsh enough to make them wonder if you're serious and light hearted enough so they won't hit you.
    coming to this forum next week: "beaten up by scumbags on O'Connell street"
    'so, i was walking down the street, minding my own business and this scumbag jumped me. now, i might have said something along the lines of "wanna fight, ye fukkin' wanker", but i think the beating i got was totally undeserved. when are the gardai going to do something about the state of this country'

personally, i just like to get the hell out of Dublin as quick as i can when i'm drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

1.Invite as many people as possible to the aftershow party in club x that has x-amount of free beer. Naturally said party doesnt exist.

2. Walk around naked for a bit, but not for too long, what with police etc. Alternatively let your knob hang out whilst walking through town.

3. Take one of your mates who isnt insecure about himself, approach girls ask them " what do you think of us" and then start tongueing each other. If they run away then you know theyre boring so its no big loss.

4. Pull down your pants far enough so your ass hangs out and through town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Winters wrote:
    Vomint tbh.

What else do you do when totally intoxicated?
    piss on brown thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Have sex tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Argue with born again Christians with their John 3:7 signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Argue with born again Christians with their John 3:7 signs.
    Good call on that one

L31mr0d wrote:
    You seem like the kinda of person that gets all moody when drunk and probably ends up crying in the toilets :D

hehe not too far off. no crying in the toilets though. seriously, you're a knob, and if i', ever behind you in the queue for a whopper in bk and you delay me getting my burger with that nonsense I'll drag you outside and do a club anabelle to you.

sorry i take that back, that was uncalled for. i'm sure you're good craic on a night out. it's just i've had a few drinks tonight and am feeling a bit emotional.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Get Arrested.

Tis against the law to be on the streets while inebriated!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    piss on brown thomas?

That was a good night :)

you two rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im actually quite drunk right now....and Im watching all 4 superman films back to back!!

Superman 4 is total crap!!...why does his cape flutter in space??...isint it supposed to be a vacume up there??

Amazing what 8 cans of Carlsberg makes a man do and tghink?

Advertisement