Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Church

Options
  • 14-07-2006 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

I've never written anything as long as this before - The Church is 10 pages (7190 words) long. So it's a fairly long story to have to get through.

It's also my first real "horror" story - though I think "stalk and slash" might be a better way to describe it.

It's a violent and bloody story. Don't say that I didn't warn you. If you're sure that you still want to read it, download the Word attachment. Or you could skip this and read Koda instead. :)

If anyone reads it through to the end, if you have any comments and criticisms, then please leave them behind.

Enjoy. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

a brilliant story, very well written, kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Wow! I'm thrilled that you read the whole thing Marts. Even more thrilled that you liked it too! Thanks man! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

no probs, it was very Evil Dead, my likey.
    I was expecting them to get hopped at the end before they left the castle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

It was a lot of fun to read, especially liked the rug, might have to steal that and add it into my rpg.

Marts wrote:
    no probs, it was very Evil Dead, my likey.
    I was expecting them to get hopped at the end before they left the castle

To be perfectly honest, it felt right to end the story after they met Alaru. And I couldn't think of anything else horrible happening to them.

By the way, you remember in The Healer's Rain when you Cu_Ifrinn said I should take out the rain's description?

Well, near the end of The Church when
    Grace explains how she escaped from the rug?
    Well, when I was re-drafting that part I realised that I was doing the same as I did in The Healer's Rain. So I changed it.

So, I'm getting better thanks to your advice. :D
    Da Bounca wrote:
    It was a lot of fun to read, especially liked the rug, might have to steal that and add it into my rpg.

Heh heh... steal the rug! Just be careful when you wipe your feet in it... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

The floor was made of a yellow, shiny tile and there was a red carpet unrolled down the aisle.

that made me giggle
    Many of them had served her for thousands of years old.
    grammer.typo i spot

the phone scenes been done
    I'm going to kill you

the sinking carpet was great

you might want to rethink the chimey
    it's parallels the carpet
    but the resonance falls flat

Matt Holck wrote:
    grammer.typo i spot

Gahh! I hate it when I miss a typo. Thanks!
    Matt Holck wrote:
    you might want to rethink the chimey
    it's parallels the carpet
    but the resonance falls flat

Yeah, I know what you mean...

Advertisement