Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deal or No Deal [threads merged]

Options
  • 14-07-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I remember when the show first came out. It was really really good. They got straight to the point, none of this crap in between. They cut out the bull and just played the game. I used to watch it a lot when it came out, now I don't really care if its on or not. I've noting against Noel, he is a great presenter. But the contestants are just annoying. I liked it better before. Does anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I haven't see the UK version but my guess is that the guests are probably as annoying as the ones in the US. It gets boring after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I still love it, but now for all the wrong reasons.

I enjoy watching the ones who've been spouting crap while they were standing the the wings get badly stung.

I can't remember the names of contestants but there was a bloke a couple of weeks ago, who, while in the wings was always saying "no deal" or things along those lines, even when the offer as too good to refuse, egging the contestant to go all the way. He dealt at about £7,000 (the third offer, iIrc), and then there was £75,000 in the box!

Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I've only seen a couple of shows and still don't get how it works..

Is it really just complete chance? That they guess whatever numbered box and if its a low amount its good, high amount thats bad.

You see them with pieces of paper and a formula worked out and all its mad... I think its just luck really.

Noel Edmonds is funny tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I can honestly say that I really don't like the show. I've watched it three times just so I can be sure I didn't catch a 'poor' episode. Each time I feel like they intentionally drag the show out for an hour when it really should be thirty minutes maximum.

Can't stand it...in case you hadn't guessed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Haha, the one that was on it today only got 1p. So happy.

• Advertisement

Haha, the one that was on it today only got 1p. So happy.

I bet the banker had a good roffle also. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I used to love the Aussie one. Great presenter.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

On the contrary, I think the new ones are the best.

Because I don't get home till late in the evening I record them on my sky+, for some reason it didn't record the last episode before the summer break.

Does anone know who was called up, and how much they won.

It was on on saturday 22-07-06 (last night).

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It should be replayed today on More4, I missed it too. I hope it was Lance, he seems to have been there for ages and he seems like an intelligent bloke who may have a system!

Do the contestants who were on the wings come back for the next season or does the show start again with a new 22?

It should be replayed today on More4, I missed it too. I hope it was Lance, he seems to have been there for ages and he seems like an intelligent bloke who may have a system!

True, hate to have missed it, I'll check out more4 tonight, although it's there I record to my sky+. I'll let you know if it's replayed.
    Do the contestants who were on the wings come back for the next season or does the show start again with a new 22?

I'd imagine so, they'd have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Used to really enjoy 'Deal or No Deal'... now i just watch it to see if Noel does or says anything cringeworthy!

Example Numero 1
    Example Numero 2
    Example Numero 3

... need i go on?

Here is the US version thats on NBC with Howie Mandel for anyone who hasn't seen it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

r3nu4l wrote:
    I can honestly say that I really don't like the show. I've watched it three times just so I can be sure I didn't catch a 'poor' episode. Each time I feel like they intentionally drag the show out for an hour when it really should be thirty minutes maximum.

Can't stand it...in case you hadn't guessed :)

It got Edmonds back on tv and is the emperors new clothes of gameshows as far as I'm concerned. Those two are bad enough but putting aside that the game is a joke, are the contestants even genuine or just out of work actors? :confused: I'd like to think the producers just got a bunch of joe soaps tanked up before the camera started rolling but I can't be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Its deadly noel edmonds is such a plank but its funny to watch, your man today got £45,000 not too shabby indeed.

Just merged these two threads together, keep it noice and tidy. Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

basquille wrote:

That one was pretty funny alright, fairly stung. I loved it the first few times I saw it, but it get a little boring after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hes a tard tbh :p

Haha, is Edmonds that bad? I'm in the US so I have to put up with that baldy fecker, Howie Mandell.

He's that bad that he's actually very good IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

He dealt at about £7,000 (the third offer, iIrc), and then there was £75,000 in the box!

Classic Episode that was. Tonights Anniversary Episode saw a guy deal at 70,000 (he was gaurenteed 10,000 or the 250,000 and he beat the banker!). His wife was sitting beside him telling him to deal at 25,000 and when he didnt he ended up taking out the blues again. She then told Noel she had been responsible for 99.9% of his decisions and the money was hers anyway. I was horrified for him being so whipped like that, and her flicking her hair every second minute.

Check this out, the Indian Version of the Show - Same Theme Music!
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSwcYqPyDDg)
    American Version - Loses 5 Million!
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LEknTmecAs)
    British Version - Contestant Knocks Over the Box
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGgW-s3d3I)
    Swiss Version - TV Broadcast
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI6Rp1cbSFc)
    Dutch Version
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiePmK609Wc)

I personally think we should have a thread on this show, to whom would I need to apply to make this request a reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiCxnncWfeE

You really feel sorry for this man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

did you see the blonde on in on sunday, wooow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

did anyone see the article about edmonds in one of the sunday papers. apparently he has been passing female contestants his mobile number and date? written on a slip of paper. apparently he has been out with a few as well, his last being a 22 year old. she was quoted as saying ' i got stubble rash from his beard'.

i wonder if there will ever be an irish version, ray darcy would be my choice as presenter.

todays episode was great, the girl dealt at 22k and would have won 250,000 she started arguing with her fella

she was right to deal at 22k in my opinion, if i was on it and guarenteed over 20k i would deal too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

mukki wrote:
    todays episode was great, the girl dealt at 22k and would have won 250,000 she started arguing with her fella

she was right to deal at 22k in my opinion, if i was on it and guarenteed over 20k i would deal too

While 20k is a lot of money when you reach the end of the game and 100,000 and 250,000 are still up on the board I think ya gotta go for it!!

’tis better to have played and lost, than not played at all. :)

cozmik wrote:
    While 20k is a lot of money when you reach the end of the game and 100,000 and 250,000 are still up on the board I think ya gotta go for it!!

’tis better to have played and lost, than not played at all. :)

thats just gambling, gamblers nearly always loose, they just talk about the times they win too much

also you would kinda guess which are the low ones during the show, and start picking them off, then after you deal, you start avoiding them, so chances are if she had played on (and swapped) she would have gone home with a hell of a lot less

gonna try to put it up on youtube for all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

basquille wrote:
    Used to really enjoy 'Deal or No Deal'... now i just watch it to see if Noel does or says anything cringeworthy!

Example Numero 3

... need i go on?

Oh my! I can't believe that! What are the chances hey?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I think the 250,000 is won on today's show. (I could be wrong) On channel 4 now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Yep...it'll be won in 10 minutes or so

Advertisement