Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thom Yorke's Album

Options
  • 14-07-2006 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Well what y'all think. I wasn't immediately blown away but it is one of those 'gets better with every listen' type albums. Go and get it if you don't have it already!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

I like it, Black Swans particularly, definitely a grower, wonder if he'll do any solo gigs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Closing Doors

Yeah it really is a grower. The only songs that leapt at me on first listen were Analyse and Harrowdown Hill but as I listened more and more and explored the album, the better it has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've only listened to it once so far, it was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Well, I did finally get it on Monday, and I quite enjoyed it. It's definitely a grower sort of album, but I did take to it straight away anyway! Thumbs up here! :) An absolutely beautiful voice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

What's a "grower"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

An album that needs a bit of time and listening for it to grow on you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yeah it definitely grows on you. Analyse and Black Swan really stood out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Rich_Why

I'd agree with the general opinion here. At first I thought it was cool and then put it down for about a week and then due to everyone talking about it so much I've had it in the CD player for about 4 or 5 days straight now.

Great album in my opinion, no Radiohead album, but still good work. Black Swan and the title track Eraser woudl be two favourites of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Got this yesterday. Damn fine album, imho.

Advertisement