Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have some damn patience!

Options
  • 14-07-2006 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi All ,
    Just got some worrying news that there are quite a few skaters/bikers breaking into the skatepark at night. I was out on site yesterday and noticed that there was some graffiti scratched into the concrete of the bowl. I didn't realise until today, when I received some news, that there were up to 10-15 individuals in the park!!. I've heard of parks in the UK closed down and filled with sand for a lot less.
    No complaints yet in from the locals but this is a disaster waiting to happen. I'm just waiting for the "we told you so" firing line to start up. The park is still a building site with steel bars sticking up all over it. Its even dangerous trying to walk around it, so a serious injury could happen very easily. Not to mention that the concrete hasn't properly cured yet so this will effect the quality of the riding surface in the future.
    Sorry to whinge at you guys, I know that I'm preaching to the converted here, but I'm just wondering is there any way in finding out who these people are. Is there a way of explaining to them that they could be wrecking the future of the park for everyone? I know it's very tempting to want to use it, knowing that it's almost finished, but we've come very far to lose the battle at this stage! Anyway in the meantime I will have to organise security at night on site, which will eat into our budget.
    thanks ,
    Sean Redmond

Sean Redmond is pretty much the guy who fought for this on the government side, this is just gonna ruin it!
    we have been warned at least let it open before it gets shut!!!

Advertisement