Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting Latitude and Longitude Coordinates

Options
  • 13-07-2006 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I wish to use Google Maps to show dealer locations for our company. All of the address data is stored in a database form. However to use the Google Map API or Google Earth I need to also have the Latitude/Longitude coordinates.

I have found one subscription site that has a web service that gives this data. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

In the View menu click on 'Lat/Lon Grid' to overlay and you can get the co-ordinates there.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Thanks RadioRetry. That means that I would have to do this manually for potentially hundreds of dealer locations. What Im hoping for is some sort of web service out there that I could call with the address details as a parameter. This would return the lat/long which I could add to the database record for each address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Probably not exactly what you're looking for but perhaps you could scrape/script it to do more of what you need - http://www.geonames.org

Advertisement