Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a laptop, win a cuddly toy*

Options
  • 13-07-2006 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I have to get rid of my desktop and buy a laptop. I'm going to spend around €1,300.

This is what I'll NEED it for (in order of importance)
    17" monitor and decent sound
    Wireless Internet browsing
    Web Design
    Photoshop
    Gaming is definitly not essential but would love to get back into playing some.

Storage
    60gb and 7,200rpm would be lovely.

Dont really have a clue about the other specs.... Any help will be hugemongously appreciated.

*while stocks last.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

HP dv8000 series for 7200rpm drives (dual hard drive option, too), 17in screen, options for AMD or Core Duo.

Check 'em out

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

thanks mate, just had a quick look there at the us site, they look pretty good value.

OS Genuine Windows XP Media Center
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2500 (2.0 GHz)
    Display 17.0" WXGA+ BrightView Widescreen (1440x900)
    Graphics Card 256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7600
    Memory 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x512MB)
    Hard Drive 100 GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
    Primary CD/DVD Drive Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
    Networking Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
    Primary Battery 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
    Extras
    HP ExpressCard Analog TV Tuner w/remote
    Productivity Software Microsoft(R) Works/Money

For $1448 including tax delivery etc.... to an american relative.

Seems good??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would have a hard time recommending a HP Pavillion laptop. I have documented on this very forum the myriad of problems I had and the utterly incompetent HP support.

Avoid like the plague, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I recommend the dv8000 as an outstanding laptop with excellent specificaitons. I went with it because I had a previous Hp laptop that was excellent also.

TBh anyone can have problems with laptops from any maunfacturer but I prefer the HP to the Acers and Dells I've come across. The HP price/spec. the op can get is excellent.

Advertisement