Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI handicap question

Options
  • 13-07-2006 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

To be honest, I would think you should be able to do it. But you would not have a GUI handicap. You would have to report your scores to your home club after each competition, etc. BUT, I'm not a handicap expert, try ringing the GUI maybe if you can get contact details, it's easy to ignore emails..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DIEGO WORST

I don't know the absolute answer to your question. But I cannot see why you would not be permitted to use your Scottish handicap in Ireland.

The GUI usually take 2~3 days to respond to email queries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Ah ok, well my understanding would be that a GUI handicap would be given to someone who is a member of a club in ireland that is affiliated with the GUI. I can't see how you could get a GUI handicap without being a member of a GUI affiliated club. But I am not the GUI, so I can't give you a definitive answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,095 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ziggy67 wrote:
    CSS, the point of doing this is to get a GUI handicap, not worth the hassle otherwise.

I will wait a couple of days for a reply from GUI then give them a call.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just buy a handicap instead of joining a club, not everyone can afford it.
    You could do what a lot of people do
    Join a club in the (Irish) midlands as a country member, should be too much more than the £100 you are paying in Scotland.
    Play in 3 comps and then you have a GUI handicap that you can use anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Registered Users Posts: 27,095 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

My mum did it down in Castlerea about 8 years ago now...
    I guess which ever you have the easiest access to..

Advertisement