Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Smoke

Options
  • 13-07-2006 1:12pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We all have one.
    Mine is the first of the day.
    Getting up, going into my garden, surrounded by flowers and the birds singing with a cup of coffee and a smoke. Bliss
    Then off to work :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Accompanied by a really top quality cup of coffee, sitting in the sun, watching hot chicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Probably after a meal with a cup of coffee.

I don't really enjoy the first ciggy of the day because I have it about 30 seconds after I wake up.... my mouth is all just-woke-up crappy and I've nothing to drink and it makes me a bit dizzy.
    Long gone are the days where having a smoke after a few hours of not smoking would be almost orgasmic... now it's just slight dizzyness and feeling a little bit more normal.
    Makes me wonder why I bother really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I really love my last ciggie of the day. I always take this time to myself and often let thoughts past though my head that i otherwise wouldn't think of,for them 5 mins the world is mine and mine alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,906 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Can't do the red bull + cigarette thing = Too much poison :P

Cuppa cappucino and a Marlboro light, sitting outside Simon's place on Georges st, watching the world go by = Bliss :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, relaxing with a mug of coffee with a cig is great. Usually for me, in the evenings after work, when I can finally sit and wind down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

like beruthiel the girst in the morning is the one i look forward to the most when im in bed the night before. my mother was such a heavy smoker years ago that she used to set her alarm clock at 2 hourly intervals to wake up and have one

Definitely the first one after dinner. If I ever give them up, I don't think I'd ever be able to do without that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

`st 3 in the morning and the 1 after meals . how could i survive without them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Best one recently was earlier this week. Had a bad cold after the new year and just didn't feel like smoking at all. Then I though to myself "feck it, I don't need cigarettes, think I'll give up". Wasn't missing them really. Then on Tuesday I dropped into a Spar on the way to work for a cup of coffee. Went up to pay, and all of sudden had an incredible urge for a smoke. Tried to resist, went out - walked down the road a little, but I just couldn't do it - the urge was too strong. So I went back, bought a pack of reds, lit up and bam - it felt great. Sweetest smoke ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

byte wrote: »
    Yup, relaxing with a mug of coffee with a cig is great. Usually for me, in the evenings after work, when I can finally sit and wind down!

Ditto here! It's the first one you can sit and relax with and just chill out!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I could not pinpoint an individual smoke from the rich smorgasbord of tobacco that the world has to offer me.
    The smoke in the morning, clutching a cup of coffee and taking 8 minutes to watch some news and wake up before going to work. Keeps me regular, and gives me ten mins of me time that a non-smoker tends to not take in the morning with their fitness regimes and desire for sleep (The poor misguided white lunged souls).

Then there is the post morning BM smoke. The stomach is clear and the smoke is a sharp refreshing hit.
    The lunchtime smoke comes in 2 parts, pre horrible meal and post horrible meal. It helps me get through the horrible meal ordeal or no deal. I hate lunch foods, salads, sandwiches, horrible canteen crap, chips with everything, uggh. so sometimes lunch consists of a latte and fag, and a croissant at my desk reading boards.
    Now a lot of people get out of work, and immediately light up as soon as shoe hits outside freedom. This to me is incorrect.
    The bracing outdoors air steals from the untamed wonder of the first freedom smoke of the day. Much better to wait until you are in your car with some tunes bumping or the radio in the background. Since I moved to Melbourne and sold my car I have to take a tram home, so no smoking there. Now I just wait till I get in to my apartment. Flop down on the sofa, chuck on that nightmareish Deal or No Deal or some such nonsense, get the tea on, and just lay hacking on the sofa, huffing on the evil temptress. (The evil temptress in this narrative is cigarettes, not Beruthiel)
    From there and on it goes, each individual cigarette framing a moment in my day that otherwise would have been a wasted opportunity, or an awkward time waste. When waiting for cabs trains and buses, changing planes at an airport, waiting on a lift, waiting on a take away, SO to finish shopping or sometimes just because...
    Ah this tender love affair with this thing we call cigarettes.
    I'll have to stop, I am tearing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Best one every day has to be the first one when I get home from work.
    No stress or anything to worry about for the evening,
    A small bucket of coffee, (or beer depending on if tis Friday)
    Out on my balcony with its spectacular view,
    Playing nothing in particular on the guitar,
    And a smoke...
    Bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I could not pinpoint an individual smoke from the rich smorgasbord of tobacco that the world has to offer me.
    The smoke in the morning, clutching a cup of coffee and taking 8 minutes to watch some news and wake up before going to work. Keeps me regular, and gives me ten mins of me time that a non-smoker tends to not take in the morning with their fitness regimes and desire for sleep (The poor misguided white lunged souls).

Then there is the post morning BM smoke. The stomach is clear and the smoke is a sharp refreshing hit.
    The lunchtime smoke comes in 2 parts, pre horrible meal and post horrible meal. It helps me get through the horrible meal ordeal or no deal. I hate lunch foods, salads, sandwiches, horrible canteen crap, chips with everything, uggh. so sometimes lunch consists of a latte and fag, and a croissant at my desk reading boards.
    Now a lot of people get out of work, and immediately light up as soon as shoe hits outside freedom. This to me is incorrect.
    The bracing outdoors air steals from the untamed wonder of the first freedom smoke of the day. Much better to wait until you are in your car with some tunes bumping or the radio in the background. Since I moved to Melbourne and sold my car I have to take a tram home, so no smoking there. Now I just wait till I get in to my apartment. Flop down on the sofa, chuck on that nightmareish Deal or No Deal or some such nonsense, get the tea on, and just lay hacking on the sofa, huffing on the evil temptress. (The evil temptress in this narrative is cigarettes, not Beruthiel)
    From there and on it goes, each individual cigarette framing a moment in my day that otherwise would have been a wasted opportunity, or an awkward time waste. When waiting for cabs trains and buses, changing planes at an airport, waiting on a lift, waiting on a take away, SO to finish shopping or sometimes just because...
    Ah this tender love affair with this thing we call cigarettes.
    I'll have to stop, I am tearing up.

Spoken like a true smoker ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Beruthiel wrote: »
    We all have one.
    Getting up, going into my garden, surrounded by flowers and the birds singing with a cup of coffee and a smoke. Bliss

This is weird. :eek:

I was thinking of starting this thread this morning!!!

.. and my answer is the same!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

sitting out on the terrace in my local, just before the sun goes down with a bottle of miller or a cup of coffee and a nice B&H gold or a cigar, but only on a monday or tuesday (no loud live band and not many people)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Beruthiel wrote: »
    We all have one.

ah the knacker breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Have to agree with the morning cigarette
    I do a similar regime as Beruthiel

Im an early bird so Im often up 6:15-6:45,
    I walk out into the garden,
    Sit down and take it all in,
    So quiet in the mornings,
    Slight hum of traffic in a far away land,
    Sun tearing down,
    The family of doves looking down at me,
    A very mild breeze present to take the smoke away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

It has to be the one after going without for an extended period.
    Or the one in the bed when you wake up on a weekend and you have all the time in the world.
    *exhales heavily in orgasmization*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Relaxing with a cigar and a brandy after a long day in the office. Really relaxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

After lunch smoke tends to be my favourite.

Smoke with a coffee is pretty damn good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I wonder how many of the original posters still smoke? ;)

Anyway, for me back in the day the best ciggy was the one on the walk to the trainstation after work. Oh I enjoyed the first of the day, the one after a meal, the last of the day and so on the the one I missed most of all was that one on the walk home after shutting the office door behind me.

These days as a cigar smoker I'm reduced to 2 or 3 smokes a month so I have to plan them well ahead and makes sure that everything is just right and ready. That is a bit of a pleasure in itself, the anticipation of a relaxed undisturbed 90 minute cigar.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

OldGoat wrote: »
    I wonder how many of the original posters still smoke? ;)

Pssh I've been here for well over a year, this forum has just been almost completely dead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Around Lunch after classes and just relaxing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

SETTLING.My first every morning Mon -Fri 5.30am with a nice Cup of Tea.

CALMING Also I train a kids G.A.A team and dont smoke in front of the kids so when all has quietened down and there is a moment to look back on the game

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

After Sex or during sex cant bate it with a stick

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

I'd say the after meal smoke, it just feels weird if I don't have it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

After Sex or during sex cant bate it with a stick
    Jebus, your cigarette can't be very good if you have to have sex during it. :p

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

The one just after lunch is Heaven on Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

(Weekday)

The first one of the day is usually the best.

Sitting in the car on the way to work with an open road usually around 6am.

(Weekend)

Accompanying the first strong black coffee of the day.

Having a smoke too quickly after waking up usually messes me up a little (cold sweat), so i let a good half hour pass before sparking up.

Advertisement