Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointlessness defined?

Options
  • 13-07-2006 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

BANDPICSII048.jpg

Saw that over at Jemsite, and thought a few people here might get a kick out of it.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Personally, I think getting a half stack for playing in a bedroom is pointlessness defined but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

in fairness a cube 30 would nearly do for that room

some craic if the head fell :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

feylya wrote:
    Personally, I think getting a half stack for playing in a bedroom is pointlessness defined but each to their own.

You don't think that 4 4x12s and 1 head is just a tad more pointless? Not even a smidge?

i think fey is sayin even a half stack is pointless now this is just outrageous

Well, not knowing the circumstances of that picture, no I don't. For all I know, only one of those cabs is connected. The others could just be there for storage. Maybe he has two heads that he uses. Maybe each cab has different speakers.

• Advertisement

good point fey only 2 of the speakers could be his and the other 2 may belong to his bands other guitarist

or indeed they could be full of contraband dvds or heroin :eek:

feylya wrote:
    Well, not knowing the circumstances of that picture, no I don't. For all I know, only one of those cabs is connected. The others could just be there for storage. Maybe he has two heads that he uses. Maybe each cab has different speakers.

You raise a good point. I don't think the guy who has that rig even mentioned what the 4 cabs were for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

So I take it none of you foos noticed that there's a nice RI Strat in that picture?

:p

What's a strat? :confused:

Ancient1 wrote:
    So I take it none of you foos noticed that there's a nice RI Strat in that picture?

:p

Nope. :o

• Advertisement

in fairness it is a lovely strat i love aged pups in a white pickguard

also jcm aren't the greatest at saturating at low volumes sure they ain't so that amp would need to be cranked to get the savage sound that u would be going for with a setup like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Being that they're positioned in front of a door, i would say they were all put together just for this picture to show just how many the person owns, he/she probably only uses one cab or whatever for rehearsal and the rest for gigging or something, if not, I would think that someone is severely overcompensating for something :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

This picture is missing one thing... Yngwie J ****ing Malmsteen :p

C'mon though, a strat and a wall of Marshalls... who else could it be? :D

ritchie blackmore :D

he only played strats cos they are 'harder to play' :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Will (s)he could technically have 4 cabs connected.

Say the cabs are 8ohm each, and the head has an 8ohm output; wire 2 sets of 2 cabs in parallel to eachother giving four ohms, then wire the two sets in series giving a total load of 8ohms, it'd sound ****e but it'd work, and look cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

ye'all sound very jealous to me. (except Ancient who can only see the strat).

The house that wall of cabs is in could be in the middle of nowhere. Therefore it is not pointless at all.:p

but think of the loudness of that in a room that height

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Compared to the ugly Strat and that piece of crap amp-head, the four cabs seem pretty reasonable to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 noh showband

Zombies are trying to get in the plywood door. It's the only barricade they could push together in a hurry. Nah. Not pointless at all, imo.

Advertisement