Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Blogs

Options
  • 13-07-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭

Im not completely sure of the legality of these, so im going to hold off nameing names untill a mod give me the go ahead, but they are an amazing source for getting good quality live gigs for free. On the main site i use it is all mp3's that are freely available on site's like the BBC, Kcrw etc, so im fairly confidante that its legal. In fact the Yeah Yeah Yeah's just ran a competition on one of them, and i have seen other blogs also holding competitions from record companies on them, but im not going to say more on till a mod says its cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭din0saur

ah go on, go on, go on!

if the BBC have it then it's got to be legal, they won't even allow anyone with a non UK IP address to view video content.

(if there's a problem the mods can delete/edit)

i never cease to be amazed by some of the blogs out there promoting new music e.g. radio stations putting sessions online or simply music lovers doing regular mixtape type things where the mp3s can be downloaded for a limited period. must dig up a few if anyone's interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Once a site is offering music legally, you can link to it with abandon. If it's not legal or you're not sure, don't post a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Ok then.

check out *snip* then. Have a look for the following there very very good, Broken Social Scene live on kcrw, Tom waits live at the Sadiago Folk Festival, Black Rebel Motor Cycle Club , Feist on Kcrw, Van Morrison live At The Filmore West 1972, Rufus Wainright live at the BBC, Talking heads live 1978, Cat Power live, and lots of rare live Smiths. Theres more but your gonna have to search for them yourself. Enjoy

I've just checked it, it doesn't mention anywhere that he has acquired those recordings legitimately. Yes they're from radio stations but that means nothing. These could be all recorded off the radio which is illegal. For the moment I've edited out the link, I'll come back to this when I'm sure.

no problem.

• Advertisement

I emailed the owner of the blog and they said they didn't have permission to host the files. Too bad, it was a great site but rules are rules.

Thats a shame, its been mentioned before but it get a lot of music from http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=mb&tmplt_type=program . If you have a search through this site there are some amazing sets. If

That KCRW looks fine (and they do have a lot of stuff there). Maybe if people would link to various good legal online radio stations here I'll compile them all into a sticky?

Advertisement