Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite nut??

Options
  • 13-07-2006 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭

Mine is the Brazil nut all the way!! Just plain and natural, no fancy chocolate or yoghurt-covered ones for me!! They taste so good and are very good for you too :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brazil nuts are a bit strange. Im a bit of a hazelnut person myself or just regular old plain peanuts with skins. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

pistachio's for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

ummm :)

No, but really, apart from the username, it really depends on how it's prepared.
    I like mixed nuts in bars (the red 'Enjoy Natural' that always seems to be sold out, why do they feel compelled to put dried fruit in most of those bars? sheesh)

I like that fact that peanuts are quite versatile. You can have them as part of a sweet item, or neutral like peanut butter or salted, or you can make them a part of something savoury like satay sauce or roast them with soy sauce.

Actually one thing I always try to get up north (and in Galway????) is salt & vinegar roasted peanuts, not very available in most of the country unfortunately...

Salted & roasted almonds are also great, unfortunately not in great supply here either, but the ones you get in Spain for example are fantastic.

Brazils... I think roasted Brazil nuts would be interesting, however haven't seem anything like that around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Roasted Cashews or Hazelnuts. Any nuts really, they're just so tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Hazlenuts you picked yourself, brought home & smashed with a hammer as a kid.

Nostsalgia ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Marts wrote:
    pistachio's for me

Me too, and some hazelnuts also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

peanuts, roasted or choc coated, great for munchin on

cashews also rock

hazelnuts are best drowning in caramel and suffocated w/ chocolate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Tree wrote:
    hazelnuts are best drowning in caramel and suffocated w/ chocolate :D
    mmmmm nuts about caramel.....so good.....they were the best part of Miniature Heroes....i cried the day i realised they had been taken out of the box!!!

Tree wrote:
    peanuts, roasted or choc coated
    Tree is a poet and may everybody know it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hazelnuts, preferably with chocolate, but other then that, can't stand nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pistachio or cashew, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They sell these tasty peanuts near the London Eye along the street, whatever they are cooked or rolled in, are so good (I think its some sort of caramel).

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Almonds - esp those Barbeque ones that shamrock or someone make, or the chocolate ones or plain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Ruu wrote:
    They sell these tasty peanuts near the London Eye along the street, whatever they are cooked or rolled in, are so good (I think its some sort of caramel).
    Yeah you can often find street vendors selling these, I think it's just caramelised sugar that they're cooked in. Best part is that they should be still warm when you get them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

and if you cant get them there, you can go to marks to get the nicest bags of honey roast nuts mmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

My left one!:)
    Sorry i couldn't resist.

lol ......i should have expected that sooner or later!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Cashews, peanuts, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, and almonds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Roasted chestnuts. Old Christmas tradition.

Other than that Pistachio and Brazil. Ok add hazelnuts, almonds peanut...

Ok,I admit it, I'm a nut nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I like nuts too but my toddler son has a peanut allergy so we have no nuts in the house :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

CJhaughey wrote:
    I like nuts too but my toddler son has a peanut allergy so we have no nuts in the house :(
    Oh man, I'd say it was scary when you realised he was allergic. Did he go into shock? :( </worried parent off topic rambling>

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pistachios or Cashews.

Don't mind salted nuts either, but prefer above.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

mmm salty cashew nuts or choc-covered brazil nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

salted/roasted peanuts only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

Brazilian nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

CJhaughey wrote:

My mom works at a pre-school and one of the kids this year is so allergic to peanuts that they not only can't have peanuts around, but if the food was made where another food item with peanuts was around, it would effect him still.

That probably didn't make any sense. :rolleyes: He's just real allergic, that's all... haha.

Anywho, I love peanuts and macadamia nuts... both chocolate covered. Mmmmmm :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Raw: almonds and walnuts

Roasted; it's a toss up between pistachios and cashews....pistachios probably have it...so damn addictive. Just tore my way through a 150gm pack there now....if only the shells were edible...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Cashews or dry roasted peanuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

any pinenut fans out there?mmmm
    also like cashews and pistachios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Walnuts, hazelnuts & plain ol' peanuts from the shell.

Has anyone had any difficulty in getting a good range of nuts this Hallow'een?
    There are 3 large-ish supermarkets in my locality & the only nuts that they have in stock are peanuts. FFS! Anyone else having "nut" trouble?

Advertisement