Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic 5

Options
  • 12-07-2006 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

.....Not coming to Dublin, why, why, why???!!! Beflast yes, Dublin no, or not that I can see anyway. Might go see them in Amsterdam or London.

So dissapointed, last year's in Vicar Street was one of the best gigs I've been to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

September 23rd the Red Box my friend...

On their Myspace... YEE HAAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's just too bad that the new album is pretty crap and Cut Chemist has taken a leave of absense (and released a far superior album).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

haven't heard either yet, thought power in numbers was already a step down on previous releases.

is cut chemist album a mixtape or is it a compilation of new tracks he's produced?

Whole new album.

I'm already expecting a bad album from DJ Shadow going by the singles, so I'm appreciating the Cut Chemist release all the more.

Power In Numbers is a far superior album to Feedback. There are some good tracks on there but some are awful and the production is not what you would expect. Lacking in all aspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Why can't you go to Belfast? :confused:

Never really got this J5 thing.Just don't get the hype.Beats all sound a bit samey,some of the MC's are plain average...

Whens that DJ Shadow album coming out?

• Advertisement

Cut Chemist playing the Electric picnic... SWEET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Stinkerbelle

I see that alright on Myspace....but I can't figure out how to get tickets??? And I've already booked flights to London for the Brixton gig on the 30th, but that's not in the list. So confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Electric Picnic is sold out which might make getting tickets a problem.

Picked up the new Cut Chemist album yesterday. Its really nice, has that distinctive cut chemist sound with some top quality instrumentals, nice scratching as well as vocal tracks. Definitely recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Stinkerbelle

I meant tickets for the Red Box. Have my EP ticket long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Whether it is Dublin or Belfast, Ill be heading along. Kind of hoping to go to Belfast. Never been there before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

missed them last year because of a holiday not makin that mistake again!!

Got there new album on friday.. Listened to it twice. hate to spoil the party. But it's pretty bad..

Post #3 tbh. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I like it! I had apprehensions based on comments I've read. Give it a listen a few times. It's different but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I wasnt too impressed by the new album on first listen either, but its growing on me. Definitely not as good as previous work though

I've listened to it three or four times and I find it boring. There are good tracks on it but not enough to hold my attention. I didn't like Power in Numbers that much when it was released but it grew on me, it had enough redeeming qualities to go back to. Feedback doesn't. The album sorely missed Cut Chemist.

Get Cut Chemist - The Audience's Listening, quality album. Blows the J5 one away.

Totally agree about the Cut Chemist album man.. It just shows the impact and influence Cut Chemist had over the production process.

Totally disappointed by the album. I think that there has to be a distinction here between an album that grows on you and an album that you gains familiarity. This one might gain familiarity on me but it certainly wont grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Is the new album any good? I bought it at teh weekend but haven't got around to listenin to it cos of the other new cd's i got. Lovin "the year of the dog ... again"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ShandyMan

Wait till it grows on you or it gains familiarity, haha, funny ****
    anyways, yeah cut chemist rocks aswell. wanted to go to ep, but didnt want the whole weekend **** and eventually ran out of time :( But the main reason for my post, j5 dublin? is it gonna happen?, cant find tickets anywhere (same with stinkerbelle), it said dublin on their website few days ago. I reckon they said, put dublin down first cos we love it, without having anything booked and now cant find anywhere (they said they loved dublin last year.)
    Anyway if anyone hears anything, mail me, please, ill have ur baby! (even though im male).
    got all my covers signed by them all last year, now its time for the t-shirt and new cover (oh they'll love me!)

ShandyMan

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Here you go official ticketmaster link

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/799584/?search_redirect=Jurassic%205&tm_link=tm_header_search

First one on the list Dublin, Triopod, which is the red box i think.

Love to go myself, only got into them about 6 months ago, just bought my second J5 album Power in Numbers, and I'm f++king loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ShandyMan

Here you go official ticketmaster link

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/799584/?search_redirect=Jurassic%205&tm_link=tm_header_search

First one on the list Dublin, Triopod, which is the red box i think.

Love to go myself, only got into them about 6 months ago, just bought my second J5 album Power in Numbers, and I'm f++king loving it.

yes, thank jebus for that. cant wait to go... why u not goin? they are the best live band ive ever seen. Tickets not available online for the mo but that dont matter, the date and venue is set, good work. They have a 10 day break from a gig in la so should be all refreshed, haha. Last year we were the last venue on their tour, so i dont think they'll be invitin people backstage like last year but so what.

j5 yall

Advertisement