Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jermaine Jackson

Options
  • 12-07-2006 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Back in the mid to late 1980s when Michael was in top form his brother Jermaine released two albums (in 1987 and 88 I think) and he even scored two hits back then with "When the rain begins to fall" with Pia Zadora and "If you say my eyes are beautiful" a duet with Whitney Houston.

His albums were way better than Michaels but he never got the credit he deserved. Does ne1 remember those songs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Don't remember them no , unfortunately!

Thats quite a strong statement, that they were better than Michael's stuff. I must do a bit of searching for those if thats the case!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

His albums were way better than Michaels

What?!?! Shirley you can't be serious? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 murray sparkle

One of the tracks one the 1988 album was called 'Don't Take It Personal' which to this day is one of my all time favourites - great song. With regard to his stuff being better than Michaels'.....well..........not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

One of the tracks one the 1988 album was called 'Don't Take It Personal' which to this day is one of my all time favourites - great song. With regard to his stuff being better than Michaels'.....well..........not really.

O.K., I rephrase it. Perhaps it wasnt better ( as this only reflects my own view) than Michaels music back in the day BUT very much underrated because of him being in the shadow of the then-mighty Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't Take It Personal was a good tune. I even thought Do What You Do and Lets Get Serious were good enough quiet storms.

Also think Control by Janet J is a valid if dated album.

I guess few people could really survive under the shadow of MJ basically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement