Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Recommendation

Options
  • 12-07-2006 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi
    I was wondering if someone can recommend a good laptop?
    Price: as little as possile - say around €600
    Use: emailing, using the internet, MSN, Skype, loading photos onto it, applying for jobs, burning cds, watching dvds, listening to music (mp3, cd)
    Mobility: Bringing it with me when I move to Italy in a few months, but probably will only use it from my flat

Any suggestions welcome... At the moment I'm thinking of the Dell Inspiron 1300, but thought I should increase the memory?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yeah, the 1300 sounds like it will meet your needs.

As you said, increasing the memory to 512Mb would be a good idea. My mother-in-law got one a few months back and she can't fault it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The 1300 does indeed sound exactly matched for your needs, 256mb will run it fine for all the tasks you described but 512 is a good idea at the same time. However, given the outrageous prices DELL charges for upgrades, you might want to look at buying the extra memory seperately (another 256mb would cost about 30euro in a store) and add it yourself.

Great to see someone with a idea of what meets their needs, was expecting another "I want to type documents while I listen to music, is a Core Duo processor ok?" thread. :D

Advertisement