Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big brother betting..

Options
  • 12-07-2006 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

big brother seems to have quite a large market on betfair, so, as it's running for another couple of months i'm thinking a 'tipping' thread is in order..

to start things off, the 7th eviction is but a few days away and the favourite to leave is nikki at 11/10 generally..

however, after watching the show last night, it looked like it was edited in such a way to make aislyne look like a prat for a big part of the show (although i'm sure they didn't need much editing) whilst nikki hardly featured at all..

i was watching it thinking it's as if big brother wants aisleyne out.. if they continue to edit in this way until friday, i'm thinking aislyne to be evicted at 5/2 (ladbrokes) is a great bet..

aisleyne to be 7th evictee - 5/2 (ladbrokes)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I assume you only watched BB for betting purposes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

masterK wrote:

LOL. That said, in the true spirit of betting I've been keeping an eye on how the bookies have been pricing up these evicitions so far.

There's been no surprises at all. The favourite always becomes a red hot favourite in the final day making me think that surely someone is tipping off the bookies as to how the voting is going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭gamblingIRE

I am glad I didn't bet on yesterdays bb - didnt think that nicky chick would get punted so quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

masterK wrote:

of course, of course...

lads, i apologise if ye happened to lump onto poor 'aul aisleyne at 5/2 to be evicted... the pour soul is loved by more than i thought..
    ye may have gotten value if ye had laid her off at the freely available 3/2 but of course i didn't recommend such a smart move..

about Mezcita's point... there really hasn't been any suprises in the evictions so far according to the odds.., the bookies seem to be well in the know about how the voting is going..

so my plan is not to beat them, but join them, and take advantage of every favourite up for the eviction by backing them unsensibly until they get the boot....
    the odds may be short, but they havn't strayed us yet...
    my trust is with you mr. paddypower, however, we're all waiting for the 1.01 to be busted :)

btw, susie to win! ...200/1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Mezcita wrote:
    LOL. That said, in the true spirit of betting I've been keeping an eye on how the bookies have been pricing up these evicitions so far.

There's been no surprises at all. The favourite always becomes a red hot favourite in the final day making me think that surely someone is tipping off the bookies as to how the voting is going.

Not really. The favorite usually goes on big brother because once people place bets, then they start to vote to see that their bet comes good.

This is the very reason I don't like the idea of betting where televoting dictates the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Not really. The favorite usually goes on big brother because once people place bets, then they start to vote to see that their bet comes good.

This is the very reason I don't like the idea of betting where televoting dictates the result.

Jesus Billy have you been drinking?!?! Are you saying that the majority of people who actually vote for Big Brother (e.g teenage girls and housewives) have placed bets with bookies on that person going? No chance.

Put it this way: Considering that they get over 5 million votes per eviction, thats a hell of a lot of bets being placed. Doesn't make sense.

I still believe that the bookies have inside knowledge on these evictions. The fat, loud burpy girl who went on Friday started out at 1/14 when nominated. Drifting in to 1/40 with some bookies prior to her eviction. So much so that PaddyPowers sent me an email advertising a market on the number of times she would burp during her interview with Davina. This was on the day of the eviction!

Anyway, no value whatsoever in this market. I'm steering clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don't think this reality TV stuff is for serious gamblers, as has been already said, everything from the top down can be manipulated so many times over.

I don't watch it anyway, and I don't think I'd be able to watch it for the kind of hours necessary to convince me of the merits of any gambles.

Advertisement