Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jarvis Cocker -"Running the World"

Options
  • 11-07-2006 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Jarvis Cocker seems to be considering some sort of a comeback. He's over on myspace with a new song called "Running the World". Head on over there and have a quick listen. I must say I do like it.

Here's a quick quote from himself about it
    It's exactly 1 year since that Live-8 thing & it was the night of that event that I wrote this song. I apologise for all the swearing but sometimes that's the only thing that seems appropriate.
    It's in no way a criticism of Geldof & co. but I remember thinking at the time: "Where does engaging with these politicians/businessmen really get you?" - ( 12 months on & the ***** still haven't paid up as far as I can make out) - maybe the problem is something more ..... fundamental.

I'd post some lyrics but the censor would have a field day.

So what do ye reckon? Can't imagine it getting much radio play.

Advertisement