Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad design that seems strange as it continues

Options
  • 11-07-2006 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I was going through Ballymun yesterday and I noticed some of the new buildings have satellite dishes on the front of them. They generally IMHO make pleces look a little run down and definitely interfer with the apperance of the design. My question is why would somebody design replacement property for flats without some forethought on sattelite dishes? You can see by driving through ballymun the dishes are very popular and are allover the remaining towers.

At some point the arcitect must have visted the area how did they not consider this in design? It is not just Ballymun it seems to be ever single block and I don't understand a proffesion that prides itself on good design are so blind to modern reality. Anybody know arcietects involved or why it is common in the majority of design. To me the dishes are as bad as graffiti.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

I was going through Ballymun yesterday and I noticed some of the new buildings have satellite dishes on the front of them. They generally IMHO make pleces look a little run down and definitely interfer with the apperance of the design. My question is why would somebody design replacement property for flats without some forethought on sattelite dishes? You can see by driving through ballymun the dishes are very popular and are allover the remaining towers.

At some point the arcitect must have visted the area how did they not consider this in design? It is not just Ballymun it seems to be ever single block and I don't understand a proffesion that prides itself on good design are so blind to modern reality. Anybody know arcietects involved or why it is common in the majority of design. To me the dishes are as bad as graffiti.

yeah, why should people in the cities be allowed watch tv stations they want to watch. This looks like graffiti to others driving through....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

gibo_ie wrote:
    yeah, why should people in the cities be allowed watch tv stations they want to watch. This looks like graffiti to others driving through....:rolleyes:
    The point is not permission to watch TV but why is it not allowed for in the design. If you are providing housing for people who like to have Sky make sure they can get it with out affecting the apperance that's all. I'm not a tv Nazi

Advertisement