Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blown speakers

Options
  • 10-07-2006 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

My poor lappy's in built speakers seem to have blown. I hear a little bit of fuzziness and the occasional bit of sound but they just aren't working properly. Only started this morning. I haven't changed any settings since last night so doubt it's software related. Also I've had a terrible habit of blasting music through them since I hadn't gotten around to buying proper speakers. Anyone got any advice on how much it'd cost to fix or anything like that? Thanks.

Actually better description would be when the wires in headphones get loose and you have to twist the wires to keep the sound coming, if you get what I mean? That's what it sounds like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Whats the make and model of your lappy, Lady? I assume its not under the warranty. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

It's a bit of an unknown brand. Bought from PC World. Advent 7088. It is still under warranty but can't find any of the boxes or paperwork for it atm (just moved) so want to see if there's any hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

LadyLotts wrote:
    It's a bit of an unknown brand. Bought from PC World. Advent 7088. It is still under warranty but can't find any of the boxes or paperwork for it atm (just moved) so want to see if there's any hope.
    Ring their support line and see. As long as it's considerably newer than one year, most after sales support won't have a problem registering it and going through trouble-shooting/organising repairs.

...good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oh..PC World. :( You should be okay as Karoma said give them a ring and see if they can look up your information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Thanks! Will give that a shot. I just have a vague recollection of the box saying warranty void if the laptop isn't returned in original packaging. Although that doesn't sound very legal to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Nah, that wouldn't go well. Who really keeps a laptop box around for a good while without throwing it out.
    I'd say that only applys to 14 day returns.

Advertisement