Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Replacements

Options
  • 10-07-2006 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

With a "best of" out in the the shops, anyone care to discuss what their best album is? Personally I'm going for the obvious "Let It Be", I've no idea why this album isn't more popular in Ireland, personally I'd say it's every bit as essential as the Pixies' Doolittle, only the Pixies never dealt as well with the personal subjects the Replacements deal with candidly. Songs like Sixteen Blue and I Will Dare deserve to be far more widely played, and far more widely known.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

I've no idea why this album isn't more popular in Ireland
    Because 99.99% of people are cupid stunts who wouldn't know raw rock 'n roll greatness if it knocked on their door.

The 'Mats ruled, then and now. Best band ever. I really mean that - best band ever. Stick yer goddamn U2/Stereophonics/Mundy/David Gray/The Strokes/etc. up your arse. Westy and pals were the real deal - utter power with great, great songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

with an endorsement like this, i think i might have to listen to this band.
    i probably do know some of their music already.
    p.s. even if they are that good, i'll still rate the joshua tree and boy as two of my fav ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

All Shook Down gets a big thumbs up from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Tim.

I love Here Comes a Regular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I prefer the Goo Goo Dolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Tim.

I love Here Comes a Regular
    Class song!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The lack of response in this thread depresses me that more people on this forum like Damien Rice than the Replacements, music is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I quite like the replacements even if the Alex Chillton obsession is a bit too obvious at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iggythestooge

id find it impossible to pick a favourite,i mean compare "stink" to "dont tell a soul" miles apart but equally ****ing amazing!! best rock n roll band ever in my opinion...the progression from album to album is fantastic

Advertisement