Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best thing to use to clean a laptop screen?

Options
  • 09-07-2006 6:22pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know you can buy a spray specifically for this purpose but to be honest that isn't something i can see myself doing.

So im wondering is there something that could be found in an average household that is ideal for being used to clean a laptop screen and hence will not permently scar the screen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Ive used Vodka on my monitor screen and tried these alcoholic wipes from the
    medicine box :D

Dont know if that will work for a TFT screen .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Um, I use a cloth or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Here is what not to do (found on another forum)
    Paul said:

I always an industrial floor buffer to clean my laptop screen. Open out your laptop screen to the max(180 degrees), lie it face up on a hard gravel surface...perhaps on your driveway and away you go!!!

Any lint-free cloth should be fine to clean the screen OP. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.clean-your-screen-for-free-now.com

Remember you are looking for a cleaner for plastic - not glass
    if using a foam cleaner - spray on the cloth and never on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

To clean my LCD's i use a lint free cloth. To take dirt off that is a bit more stubborn, dipping the cloth into waiter, then wiping off with a dry part works well. Small circular motions to avoid streaks. Works on X Blacks too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement