Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating?

Options
  • 07-07-2006 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I failed one of the Summer exams.. got a straight F. I got 3 D2's and a B1 too. QCA for last semester is 1.36 and for the year is 1.88.

By just repeating the one I failed, and pass it, can I continue with the course?

Thanks for any help

BTW/ I'm a first year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Possibly not. You must pass the module you got an F in to continue, but you must also have a QCA of at least 2.0 in order to proceed, so you may also need to repeat at least one of the modules you got D2 in. I'd advise you to get in touch with your student advisor, I'm afraid I can't help you with the math involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

So you need each semesters QCA to be over 2, or just one semester and then having the overall over 2?

My advisor has never replied to any email I sent in the past... I'll give Academic Administration a buzz on Monday and see if they can make the whole thing clearer to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

As far as I know, both the session (semester) QCA and cumulative QCA need to be over 2, but I'm not 100% on that. Here's a link to the student handbook, might be a good idea to read the relavant sections:
    http://www.ul.ie/studentacademicadmin/files/student_handbook_2005-2006.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gavinsm

Depends how many modules per semester you had. If you had 5 per semester then a D2 in your repeated F would give you exactly 2 overall. If it's 4 per semester even better. 6 per semester and a D1 should do.

Advertisement