Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This a good price?

Options
  • 07-07-2006 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I was offered a laptop form a reliable source on another foruma nd I'm just wondering if this is a good spec for the price I pay

Manufacturer: Dell
    Model: Latitude D600
    CPU: Intel Pentium Centrino M
    CPU Speed: 1.4 GHz
    Built in 802.11b Wireless
    CDRW Drive Included
    RAM: 512MB
    Screen Size: 14.1"
    Hard Drive: 40 GB
    Mouse: Touchpad
    Modem: 56K V.90 Modem
    Network: Integrated Network Card
    Audio: Internal speakers
    Ports:
    (2) USB 1.1
    VGA out
    S-Video Out
    Serial Port
    RJ-11 (modem)
    RJ-45 (NIC)

He's looking for $300USD with a copy of windows included. TBH I think it can't be that abd but I jsut want to make sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's a good price, but how old is it?

The reason I ask is that battery life decreases exponentially with age. Ask how long he/she gets out of the battery on a full charge. You will pay almost as much again for a replacement battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

thanks Tom, I asked him, waiting for a reply

he rpelied that I'd get about 5 hrs non-idling work out of it. That dosen't sound too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

No disrespect to your friend, but I would take that with a large pinch of salt.

I have a 4 month old IBM Centrino and I only get about three hours out of it. Still, even if you get 2.5 hours, that is good.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nice price alright, doubt the battery life is true, unless you maybe had the screen had disks and LED lights on the laptop turned off :) Maybe the keyboard polling too.

• Advertisement

grand so thanks for that. TBH 2 hrs would do me just as good, will get 2 of them so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

For what it's worth I've got a D600 (work laptop) - had it for more than 2 years. I'd be lucky to get 1.5 - 2 hours out of it on the battery.
    That's with moderate use (including watching movies).

Advertisement