Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz 50/50 Scalps tonight.

Options
  • 07-07-2006 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

There should be inflated numbers in this tonight due to the Brits coming over for tomorrow.

If the airport is still open......:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

BigD,

I'm not going to be able to make it to the 1PP game tomorrow due to a family commitment :( but I hope to make the scalps tonight and I'll pay you some money I owe the charity then.

By the way I hope you've lost some serious weight like this thin_dragon.jpgand as a result I win my side bet with ntlbell. If so I'll donate the bet winnings to charity too. :p

Olly.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll be there. There were 3 of the brits there last night, or an advance scout party as they put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Whats the latest time u can arrive & get into the game tonight ?
    I know the game starts at 8.30, but will they let u enter after 8.30.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Yea, got a work thing on this evening but I was still hoping to make the scalps. What is the latest time I can get there? Would 9.30 be to late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

HalfBaked wrote:
    Yea, got a work thing on this evening but I was still hoping to make the scalps. What is the latest time I can get there? Would 9.30 be to late?

Could be stretching it a bit......

• Advertisement

It will probably start at 8.40 say (roughly, maybe a few mins later). THere are 2 x 20 min levels + 3 hands before late entries are closed, so I would say about 9.20 or 9.25 will squeeze you in. You can ring in alternatively around 9 or so and they will put you down and put your chips out before it closes. You shouldn't get blinded away too much in that case. When you ring just ask for the Poker desk.

5starpool wrote:
    It will probably start at 8.40 say (roughly, maybe a few mins later). THere are 2 x 20 min levels + 3 hands before late entries are closed, so I would say about 9.20 or 9.25 will squeeze you in. You can ring in alternatively around 9 or so and they will put you down and put your chips out before it closes. You shouldn't get blinded away too much in that case. When you ring just ask for the Poker desk.

Sweet, sounds good. Only thing that will stop me now will be a mutlitude of pretties in the pub. ;)

Dave,

I have €20 for 1 percent pledge if I make it down tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Thnx 5star. Hope to be there by nine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

seriously thinking about heading in for this one, so unless i fall asleep when i get home, i will be there. (however thats not unlikely)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

seriously thinking about heading in for this one, so unless i fall asleep when i get home, i will be there. (however thats not unlikely)

know the feeling robbie! missed many a tourny from the evening nap... trick is to just go straight to bed from work. and set alarm for about 7.30 leaving u some time for a bit of food. if u eat and then go to sleep you never wake up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

ocallagh wrote:
    know the feeling robbie! missed many a tourny from the evening nap... trick is to just go straight to bed from work. and set alarm for about 7.30 leaving u some time for a bit of food. if u eat and then go to sleep you never wake up!!
    how do you know this trick? you unworking fish bum...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Gholimoli wrote:
    how do you know this trick? you unworking fish bum...
    back to work eshan!

now if only those clouds would clear i could make use of that new hammock :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

ocallagh wrote:
    back to work eshan!

Wont lose much weight on that hammock!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Wont lose much weight on that hammock!
    post of the day .
    LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ocallagh wrote:

No need. You can buy indoor hammocks from Lidl. Then you just need to push against the mantle piece to get a bit of a swing going!.

I should be heading in for this later on myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Feck it, didn't think I'd make this but with such a distinguished crowd going, it's hard to resist. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Goddammit. My arm is being slowly twisted.

ianmc38 wrote:
    Goddammit. My arm is being slowly twisted.

Go on Ian. I'll have a word with Denise and she can arrange to have you on my table. ;)

And I can get to put another name/face together. As the auld telethon says,

c'mon everybody!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I'll be heading in too and I'm bring the Dad for Niall. So get some sleep mate in the hammock...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Might make it in tonight - hope so.

5starpool wrote:
    And I can get to put another name/face together. As the auld telethon says,

c'mon everybody!!!!

Ians the one in the middle. Reminds me of that guy anyway!.

Christ!!! I won't steal his BB. Olly, kudos to you. I knew you were a brave man, but still. Then again Ian might have faded somewhat since the 80's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

"There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man"!

What???:confused:

He doesn't look a bit like that more like this 229,1135780167,1.jpg :rolleyes: (no wonder Des is worried about being usurped as the pretty one) but to me he looks like this ...lilaedew.jpg ;)

ionapaul wrote:

It's Olly.....

ionapaul wrote:

HalfBaked wrote:
    It's Olly.....

"Were all gonna die"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

arm being twisted. Severely. Ok if i get my work done for the day i see y'all in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Lol. That's brilliant. When I had long hair I looked even more like that!

You must have an image db of actors that look like Dublin poker players!

• Advertisement

ianmc38 wrote:
    Lol. That's brilliant. When I had long hair I looked even more like that!

You must have an image db of actors that look like Dublin poker players!

Ah well im not sure i'll be able to eclipse the naming of 'Chief Brody!'.

btw
    Theres no salmon coloured jumpers curently being sold in Dublin but im reliably informed they will be coming out in autumn when they clear out the summer stock!.

Advertisement