Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Alert @ Dublin Airport

Options
  • 07-07-2006 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭

There is a Security Alert at Dublin Airport now, a telephone call warned of a "device" at the airport, there is a "partial" evacuation underway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

time to tune into the tower again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

"Suspect package in the baggage hall" is what they're telling the planes.

Everything else seems to be fairly normal comings and goings. Advising planes may have to hold the passengers on the plane when they land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Radio Eireann says the airport's being evacuated and local roads cleared? Can anyone on the spot keep us updated - I'm meant to be collecting someone off a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

luckat wrote:
    Radio Eireann says the airport's being evacuated and local roads cleared? Can anyone on the spot keep us updated - I'm meant to be collecting someone off a plane.

Their plane will still land on time, however the airlines are being advised not to allow the passengers to disembark. If Wednesday is anything to go by passengers sitting on planes on the tarmac will be allowed to have their phones on so you may be able to ring the person.

I would if the big technophobic eejit had a mobile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Just after hearing on the tower that a controlled explosion is about to take place.

Wonder whose lunch is being blown up.

The radio says people should go to the airport anyway for their flights...then goes on to say that the roads are shut, and that people have been abandoning their cars on access roads...hmmm....

Keep us posted, please, if you'd be so kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Any update on what is going on ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Controled explosion has taken place apperantly. About all I know.

Thanks for the updates. Wonder if there's anywhere (apart from the AA Roadwatch site) that can give regularly updated info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Brian21156

According to the tower planes can now disembark their passengers. They have started disembarking from the North Apron and working there way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

All clear given :D

Does that mean I can drive out to the airport now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

bennyx_o wrote:
    Controled explosion has taken place apperantly. About all I know.

Bits of banana, yoghurt and sandwich everywhere.

Imagine if they found "suspicious looking baggage" at Heuston Station. It would probably be kicked under a bench, crisis averted, noone has to trip over it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Stark wrote:
    Bits of banana, yoghurt and sandwich everywhere.

Imagine if they found "suspicious looking baggage" at Heuston Station. It would probably be kicked under a bench, crisis averted, noone has to trip over it ;)

It was established that the bag contained a copy of the Koran and medicines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 interyu

Video report and news can be found here . You can also check if your friend/family member has departed from airport from here. My girlfriend has left anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so where did the telephone and come from?

oh i see the airport itself said there was phone call maybe somebody used the courtesy phone or thier mobile as the airport was busy and couldnt' see anyone to talk to

http://www.irishexaminer.com/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=ireland-qqqm=ireland-qqqa=ireland-qqqid=7874-qqqx=1.asp

Advertisement