Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting laptop to TV

Options
  • 06-07-2006 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to hook this ACER TravelMate laptop (no s-video out, only VGA ouput) up to a TV with an adapter and get a decent picture? (if any).

Cheers

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Actually, I'm in the market for a VGA to scart connector, S-Video just doesn't really cut it tbh, though maybe I'm doing something wrong. Damn picture shows up in black and white.

You think it would be easier to hook a sony laptop up to a sony tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

CuLT wrote:
    Actually, I'm in the market for a VGA to scart connector, S-Video just doesn't really cut it tbh, though maybe I'm doing something wrong. Damn picture shows up in black and white.

You think it would be easier to hook a sony laptop up to a sony tv.

Had a problem with black and white colour using s-video to scart. Try changing the video setting from VHS to SVHS on the AV channel if you can. It worked a treat for me - the picture's perfect!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Had a problem with black and white colour using s-video to scart. Try changing the video setting from VHS to SVHS on the AV channel if you can. It worked a treat for me - the picture's perfect!
    Yeah, oddly enough, I tried it again yesterday and it just worked this time :?

Cheaper than buying a bunch of new cables in any case ;)

Advertisement