Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Panel mounts

Options
  • 06-07-2006 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Does anyboby know where i can buy mounts for solar panels (electric) or can any body tell me how they put theres up as i am going to install 6 100w panels in the next month or 2 on the roof at the back of my house.Unirac seem to be good but not sure if they are for sale in Ireland,can get them in the UK but would be better if i could get them here

Any help or pointers would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

gizbon wrote:
    Does anyboby know where i can buy mounts for solar panels (electric) or can any body tell me how they put theres up as i am going to install 6 100w panels in the next month or 2 on the roof at the back of my house.Unirac seem to be good but not sure if they are for sale in Ireland,can get them in the UK but would be better if i could get them here

Dont know if this would be any help
    http://www.navitron.org.uk/pricelist.htm

Any chance you could tell me about your solar system. What it consists off, how much it cost and what you think it will safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gizbon

Thanks for that but nothing there for me
    I got some from a company here in Dublin F.Barrett & Co contact Neil M. Marr cost me €508 to mount 6 panels (not mounted yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

gizbon wrote:

where did u buy the panels and what kind of switch gear/batteries have u got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Aire and Sun Power Systems sell solar mounts on Ebay, they also sell various solar panels and the charge controllers as well.

Kyocera are another solar powered shop on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gizbon

ircoha i got them from www.surfacepower.com
    i bought a wind and solar package and should have it up and running in the next month,just waiting on the builders to finish so i can mount panels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

Well done... you just bought panels for about E7 per watt. (Polycrystalline panels at that!) By the way, regardless of what they say, do not discharge your batteries below 60-70% or they won't last pissin time.

Why don't people learn to look around??

What payback do you estimate on the package?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ballaghman

gizbon wrote: »

I have 8 Sanyo HIT210 panels and am looking for a ground mounting system, unirac comes up on web searches, but can't find an Irish supplier Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I don't think there's much point in reviving an almost 3-year old thread on this topic. May I suggest you check out the Renewable Energies forum - it's probably more suited to your query.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement