Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chippedire.com, anyone dealt with them?

Options
  • 05-07-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone used these guys? Based in Kildare. Offer remaps and ECU tuning.

www.chippedire.com

thanks,
    Q

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

He contributes on www.bmwcarclubireland.com and www.bmw-driver.net. He doesn't have the Chipped franchise from ChippedUK very long, AFAIK (ChippedIrl used to be Martin Duffy in Dublin, who did mine in March, but I think it's now a guy called Joe).

HTH

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Wasn't Martin Duffy called Autoremap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

kbannon wrote:
    Wasn't Martin Duffy called Autoremap?

You're absolutely right, KB. My bad.

He just had the Chipped franchise.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Fey! wrote:
    He contributes on www.bmwcarclubireland.com and www.bmw-driver.net. He doesn't have the Chipped franchise from ChippedUK very long, AFAIK (ChippedIrl used to be Martin Duffy in Dublin, who did mine in March, but I think it's now a guy called Joe).

HTH

He's banned from BMW-Driver.net

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

kdevitt wrote:
    He's banned from BMW-Driver.net

really, any idea why. The price he quoted me for a remap ain't bad...

• Advertisement

Because I banned him :D

We ran a remapping day with the company who supplies his remaps. Some people were happy, some were pissed off. Anyone who didn't get gains from the remap were told there was a problem with their car. One car lost 8bhp after the remap, he was told the same thing. He decided to wade in and tell us we had no right to criticise his supplier, because he's an expert in his field. He also kept registering with other usernames to try and badmouth another remapper who uses the site, and then accused me of having business links with the other remapper (a guy I've met 5 times in total) and having a vested interest. Not worth the hassle of having to watch everything he says, so he was banned.

kdevitt wrote:
    Because I banned him :D

We ran a remapping day with the company who supplies his remaps. Some people were happy, some were pissed off. Anyone who didn't get gains from the remap were told there was a problem with their car. One car lost 8bhp after the remap, he was told the same thing. He decided to wade in and tell us we had no right to criticise his supplier, because he's an expert in his field. He also kept registering with other usernames to try and badmouth another remapper who uses the site, and then accused me of having business links with the other remapper (a guy I've met 5 times in total) and having a vested interest. Not worth the hassle of having to watch everything he says, so he was banned.

that's enough for me to stay away i reckon. Would you recommend anyone else? I'm looking to get a Golf 1.9 TDi done.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

quarryman wrote:
    that's enough for me to stay away i reckon. Would you recommend anyone else? I'm looking to get a Golf 1.9 TDi done.

thanks

The other guy on the site is Martin in www.autoremap.com - no personal experience, but one of the mechanics from the site recommended him.

You could also look at

Martin Treacy @ Westward Engineering.
    or the lads in Track Day Performance.

Both have rolling roads / dynos. You might spend slightly more, but I'd be more confortable with the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 banjaxt

hi .i was following the threads re-wheres a good place to get a car tuned.
    i have a passat tdi 100bhp 2003 estate.i rang the guy in auto remap,he said that he could increase by 42bhp.my question is ,is it a good idea (engine wise) to increase by this amount or would it better/safer to go less.anyone experienced this situation im struggeling to decide on.
    thanks in advance
    neilo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TDR.ie

Just one of the e90 320d we tuned on our Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road :)

wow, its kinda of weird clicking on a thread that catches your eye only to discover you started it 3 years previous....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yes indeed.

TDR.ie - please don't bump old threads, and if you would like to advertise on this site, then please email sales@boards.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement