Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who's going where tonite?

Options
  • 05-07-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭

SE looks good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Football for me tonight. I can't take another beat without capping myself.

Until tomorrow night that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ianmc38 wrote:
    Football for me tonight. I can't take another beat without capping myself.

Until tomorrow night that is

change your name to Hellmuth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

ocallagh wrote:
    SE looks good?

whats on? double chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Scalps. €40+€10+€5 + 1x€40 rebuy or topup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

thats what id be saying if i was playing against me tonight!

I had a good start and hit a few TP's and one set which got paid off. Up to about 15k. Then raised with AK and flopped AKK. A3 hit a flush on the river and all the chips went in. Up to 24k. Hit a few more hands and with my chips took a lot of pots down pre-flop/on the flop. My 73 hit 774. My 34o hit A25 (I folded this as 4 dimaonds came out.. but still). My QQ stood up against AK. KK stood up against A8.

Got to final table as chip leader with about 50k. There was one other large stack with about 35k. (140k in play). He takes out another lad for 15k, so we're even in chips with 8 players left (4 prizes). 3rd in chips had about 15k at that stage.

4 hands later I'm dealt AA. I've been putting in a lot of annoying 2k bets... (blinds 300-600). So I stick 2k into the pot from early position. Folded to the other lad with 50k. He announces all-in. Folded back to me. I go into shock and ask him how many chips he has... ????! As soon as I realise I'm not folding I call. I felt bad as it might have looked like a slow roll.. but it wasn't intended. I just didn't understand what was happening for a second... I called as soon as I 'came to' and he had JJ. Flop gave him a runner runner flush/str8 draw but by the river he was drawing to 2 outs.. he missed so now I have 100k.

I take out a few more (get KK and AQ within 4 hands with all-ins ahead of me each time ...:confused: ) and I get heads up with 140k vs 8k :):). Blinds 500-1000. After about 10 hands I hit a flush and beat his two pair.

I was delighted I wore a sleevless top because the lads at tha table must have suspected something! I now understand how Robert Varkonyi won the wsop. Sometimes you just cannot lose... incredibly lucky. My cat (and i don't even have a cat) could have won that tournament with the cards i had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

n1, thats 2 in 5 days now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

many runners last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Well done Niall.

I was going to play myself last night, but decided to watch the footie instead. Did many turned up with the match on?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

poxy fecker Niall 'Style'.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

Well played Niall. My attempt to steal from the CO with QTd was thwarted by OCallagh's concealed pocket rockets who flat called my raise. I was quite sure that I was up against a big pair, however when I saw a raggedy 2 diamond flop, I was more than happy to gamble. No magic on the turn or river and I'm sent to the rail. wp gg etc etc ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement