Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westend, blanchardstown

Options
  • 05-07-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an apartment in this complex but i don't know a huge amount about the area. I've gone out a few times to have a look but i was just wondering if anyone lives in westend and has any info on the complex?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

BC wrote:
    Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an apartment in this complex but i don't know a huge amount about the area. I've gone out a few times to have a look but i was just wondering if anyone lives in westend and has any info on the complex?

Thanks,

Blanchardstown = new Tallaght.

Never really go the concept of aparment living so far away from the city myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

BC wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks,

Blanchardstown = new Tallaght.

Never really got the concept of aparment living so far away from the city myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

If i could afford somewhere closer to the city centre i would buy it but i can't so i'm looking for the best alternative.

So do you actually live in westend?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Its right beside Heaven Nightclub so it'd be loud enough at night at the w/e with drunks and fighting. Traffic around the Town Centre is brutal everyday at rush hours and lunchtime. Wouldn't be mad about Blanchardstown anyway tbh. Others might have a different opinion.

Thanks for the info Mutz, i didn't know about the nightclub. I'm heading out there again tomorrow so i'll have another look then. There have been quite a few apartments up for sale in the same block so i'm just wondering is there anything wrong or is just that people are moving on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

I have a few friends living in Westend Village. I don't think you can hear the nightclub from there and there is a gate into Westend as well so not everyone can enter. Traffic around the shopping centre is very bad and the estate isn't very well maintained from what I heard. What about the appartments in Waterville/ Blanchardstown? They are lovely, the estate is very nice and it's a safe area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

I live in Verdemont which is next door to Westend, beside Coolmine School.
    Theyre both private property with security gates so no theres no idiots hanging about on a regular basis or after the nightclub as nobody really goes to it anymore since the discobar West, shut up shop.

This area is hardly in the heart of Blachardstown which would be hartstown, huntstown etc but more so Coolmine in fact as is my address.

Obviously Cancab doesnt live in the area and so saying that the area is the new Tallaght and having to post the same statement twice means bordom.

The apts in the area are around the 300k mark and is as most people say as a major importance for resale is location, location. So even if you bought and didnt like it, sure you'll have no problem selling on at a better price. The grounds seem clean which means that the management company in that complex is doing something unlike where i am.

I viewed one or two in Westend before purchasing my own and i didnt really like the layout or the whole kitchen/dining room in one thing at all.
    But its all down to personal preference i guess and most importantly what you can afford.

Personnaly i wouldnt pay €450k+ for apt living in the city, but buy a nice house further out, so yet again pointless and useless info given to you to begin with. So you're saving over €150 average i guess. This would be why Dublin is spreading out is it not, Cancab???

Thanks for all the info. I've heard some reports that there are a high number of break-ins and a high amount of vandalism in westend, anyone know if this is true? Also the apartments generally rented, owner-occupied or is there a good mix?

I've had a look at a few in waterville, unfortunately they are a bit more expensive so they are out of my range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

Hmm I can't really imagine there to be break ins when they have a gate in front of the estate?

Like most places that have a gate its often left open. I've been there 3 times and twice the gate was open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

BC wrote:
    Thanks for all the info. I've heard some reports that there are a high number of break-ins and a high amount of vandalism in westend, anyone know if this is true? Also the apartments generally rented, owner-occupied or is there a good mix?

I've had a look at a few in waterville, unfortunately they are a bit more expensive so they are out of my range.

Havent heard of break-ins to be honest or vandalism at that. Like all apartments these days there is quite a mixture of both owner-occupiers and tenents. Have to say though that there are alot of foreign nationals but i guess thats everywhere now. Dont seem to have as much respect for the place as actual residents.
    Id expect waterville to have the vandalism element attached as its across from corduff renouned for for the odd dirtbag or three.
    Sometimes beggars cant be choosers. The longer you take to get on the ladder, the more expensive will become. Good Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Kambika wrote:
    Hmm I can't really imagine there to be break ins when they have a gate in front of the estate?

What about the residents/burglars already living there?

The doors in the hallways in the waterville apartments all seem to be have been tried with a screwdriver at some stage.

Does it have to be Blanch? I only say this because I work in Blanch and would hate to live there so I'd say my view would be tainted anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ibanezjem wrote:

This area is hardly in the heart of Blachardstown which would be hartstown, huntstown etc but more so Coolmine in fact as is my address.

Hartstown is Clonsilla and Hunstown is Mulhudart and the heart of Blanchardstown to me would be Blanchardstown village.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭JR1210

No point in starting a new thread as this one exists
    Looking for some advise on the quality of Westend and Waterville, thinking of moving to one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'd advise starting a new thread...in the D15 forum where people know what you're asking them about. Having lived in Waterville for ten years I'm shocked and horrified at what was written about it in this 8 year old thread. Will save my actual comments for a new thread.

Advertisement