Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Hancock

Options
  • 05-07-2006 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not an archaeologist or have studied history but I am reading Fingerprints of the Gods. I'm interested to know what people from an archaeology background have to make of this author. I've been googling some of his theories and a lot of his theories seem to be disproved. Is there a genuine belief out there that there was some form of earlier civilisation or is it considered rubbish? Because it's a big book and I don't want to be wasting my time reading it if it's completey disproved!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

The guy is a complete charlatan, peddling fantastical nonsense to the credulous. Reading Hancock for insight into archaeology is like studying evolution through Genesis. My advice, avoid like the plague.....

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Point taken thanks - just found out from a geological point of view he's talking rubbish with regards to crustal displacement. Not going to bother reading the rest.

Advertisement