Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popintree, Dublin 9

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

THere are set maps that say where the borders of the post codes are. It is either in D9 or not. To advertise it as D9 and it is not leaves Gunne in trouble. There was a guy on the radio yesterday verifying this.

No brown envoples can be invoved as the borders can't move.

Not sure where to get a map with the codes on them but you could say where you think the border is at least

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Didnt Liam Laylor try and get the post codes of Lucan/Clondalkin changed. A lot of the new developments at the time in the Clondalkin area were advertised as being in Lucan as they had Lucan postal addresses but they were in Clondalkin.

kearnsr wrote:
    Didnt Liam Laylor try and get the post codes of Lucan/Clondalkin changed. A lot of the new developments at the time in the Clondalkin area were advertised as being in Lucan as they had Lucan postal addresses but they were in Clondalkin.

No the papers made it sound like that. He wanted to use an area name and may have tried to get it recognised as such but nobody can change the post code.

There is actually no real restriction on area/town names. Technically it is correct to say Malahide is in Coolock as there are only 5-6 boroughs (maybe called something else). It was on the radio yesterday. Estate agents use every name they can if it means they can sell it for more.

Ballymun is in D9 and Popintree is in Ballymun as far as I can tell

http://members.boards.ie/victor/dub11.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

OK fair enough the papers made it sound like he did that. I couldnt remember what happened exactly or what was said.

But just say I have a house and its located in a bad area with not such a great name.

But its beside a good area with a good name which would help it sell better.

Surely the post office has some input in to wether or not I can say 25 Made Up Street, Bad Town or 25 Made Up Street, Good town.

Now I think what the papers were saying about Liam Lawlor was that he influenced An Post to put the new house post address in Good Town. Not that he changed the post code boundaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Ballymun is in D9 and Popintree is in Ballymun as far as I can tell

http://members.boards.ie/victor/dub11.gif

Ballymun is Dublin 11.

Ok just did a google for Popintree and everything is coming up Popintree, Dublin 11.

• Advertisement

mel123 wrote:
    Ballymun is Dublin 11.

Ok just did a google for Popintree and everything is coming up Popintree, Dublin 11.

http://www.brl.ie/contact.htm

Not everything. I live in D9 and Ballymun is in it and my electrial area. Try to get from Santry To Galsnevin and you stay in D9. As Ballymun is actually part of Glasnevin anyway I am pretty sure it is D9.

Either way if you get the postal map you can check 100% the normal link is broken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

popintree is on the border between finglas and glasnevin and between santry and ballymun

finglas , glasnevin are defo dublin 11

santry is dublin 9 and from what i can remember they extended the poscode from santry lane to include some of ballymun (around the back where popintree actually is so dublin 9 would also be correct) but realistically i'd say dublin 11

I understand what you are saying but do you have anything other than your word? The problem is people think they know the correct answer and whether they know it or not they can be wrong.

I understand what you are saying but do you have anything other than your word? The problem is people think they know the correct answer and whether they know it or not they can be wrong.

Well i know now that its in with the advertising standards authority as people have lodged complaints - not me :D - I know that everywhere around this area, ie behind it (cedarwood etc), in front of it (across the road is fas and IDA) and beside it (cityside/jamestown bus/park) is all Dublin 11. I KNOW Ballymun is Dublin 11 so i dont see how i can be wrong in saying that. I never specifically said that i definately knew weather this particular development on this plot of land was defo Dublin 11. Fine if its Dublin 9, i dont really care too much, i just think its strange that everything directly around it is Dublin 11.

Is that one for me?

• Advertisement

kearnsr wrote:
    Is that one for me?
    It is for whom ever says they know for sure becasue they do without any evidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

popintree is dublin 11, santry is dublin 9, the postcodes are very precisely defined, santry avenue is the border for ballymun santry,anything on the right side of the avenue is d11 ,ballymun if you get my meaning.this is just like houses in harolds cross being advertised as rathmines,ie we,ll get a better price by giving the wrong postcode.The estate agents need a regulator to sort this deception out.Just look at popintree on the map be4 you view this property.

Anyway....if it is Dublin 11 and they are saying its Dublin 9, it shouldnt be allowed, thats my point!!!

mel123 wrote:
    I KNOW Ballymun is Dublin 11 so i dont see how i can be wrong in saying that.

You THINK you know without proof that is all you are saying. It actually doesn't matter if you are right or not you can't prove it and shouting somebody down is no proof.

Can you please provide a map where you think the border of D9 and D11 is? I have seen many many people claim to be in one place and they are not. They KNEW where they lived but were wrong.

If you KNOW you are right prove it!!

shouting somebody down is no proof.

What exactly are u on about???????!!!!!!!!!

Can you please provide a map where you think the border of D9 and D11 is? I have seen many many people claim to be in one place and they are not. They KNEW where they lived but were wrong.

If you KNOW you are right prove it!![/QUOTE]

Im saying i know Ballymun is Dublin 11, im not going wasting my time searching the internet just to keep u happy. Dublin city council have an office in Ballymun, Dublin 11, i think they know if Ballymun is Dublin 11 or not, if anyone does!!

mel123 wrote:
    Im saying i know Ballymun is Dublin 11, im not going wasting my time searching the internet just to keep u happy. Dublin city council have an office in Ballymun, Dublin 11, i think they know if Ballymun is Dublin 11 or not, if anyone does!!

I am saying your word means nothing. The fact you had time to post up your link make me know you have nothing better to do with your time.

As per the link I posted earlier

Ballymun Regeneration Ltd
    Civic Centre, Main Street,
    Ballymun, Dublin 9, Ireland

I think they might know the address more so than you.

You also suggested there was corruption. So I can gatehr you like to make unfounded remarks and when asked to justify it you "don't have time". Mayb you should just start making up stories proffesionally like for the SUn or something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

live in cityside myself lads , ballymun is most definitely dublin 11 , as i said earlier they expanded the dublin 9 postcode up to the end of santry lane so all of those new developments on santry lane would be santry , dublin 9 not ballymun , dublin 11

once you get past that junction on santry lane you most definitely in ballymun , dublin 11 territory

I am saying your word means nothing. The fact you had time to post up your link make me know you have nothing better to do with your time.

Ive already spent about 10 mins looking for a map, cant find any let alone one for Ballymun, and im not spending any more of my time looking for maps to satisfy you....im not interested in maps, im interesed in the fact that this development is plonked right in the middle of a dublin 11 area and calling itself Dublin 9. Im interested in posting stuff on this website which is why i have time to do it. Lucky for me im off work now in a few mins....ill log back on prob tomorrow to see if u have anything else interesting to say!!

ballymun is from the ballymun library ,glasnevin road junction to the santry avenue junction, there is a border wall all along between santry and ballymun,if you walk up from the middle of santry you,ll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

FillSpector,

is it beyond your ability to understand that part of Ballymun is Dublin 9 and part of it is Dublin 11? Open your business listings Dublin phone book on the bage where you will find most of the Ballymun....listings. Boys school, D11, Girls school, D9. Education Support, D11, Parnership D11, Regeneration, D9. I'm inclined to take the phone book more seriously than you.

As for Poppintree, Poppintree Environmental Project and Poppintree Sports Centre are Dublin 11. The question was not Ballymun, it was specifically Poppintree. I can't open the link above so I have no idea where the development per se is.

• Advertisement

theres aptmnts for sale , on the left side dn9 of santry avenue, but poppintree is about a mile away from that avenue, look it up on google maps,theres appartmnts being built on extreme left ,,right on ballymun border in poppintree about 40 yards from the old towerblocks. they are right on the edge of ballymun near motorway,as you head north .because they are right on the border they might be zoned dublin 9.to the left of the new motorway as you exit ballymun.

Calina wrote:
    FillSpector,
    is it beyond your ability to understand that part of Ballymun is Dublin 9 and part of it is Dublin 11? .

No. Is it beyond your ability to understand I don't beleive what people say just becasue they say it? :rolleyes: I don't remember anybody clearly stating the border which is apparently very well defined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jaysus lads calm down ffs.

Here are the facts: Poppintree and Ballymun West are Dublin 11 (all areas towards Finglas & Jamestown Rd on the west side of the Ballymun Road)

Coultry, Shangan and Ballymun East are Dublin 9 (all areas towards Santry, Shanliss, Shanowen etc. on the east of the Ballymun Road)

The Ballymun Road is the borderline for postcodes 9 and 11, naturally there has always been confusion surrounding this (even by residents in the area) so you'll just have to take my word on it. A perfect example are the Comprehensive Schools, the Senior Comp is D11 and the Junior Comp is D9 and they are directly opposite each other.

Hardly worth arguing over tbh :rolleyes:

Savman wrote:

Jaysus lads calm down ffs.

I think whats going on is that just because some one says something is true it doesnt actually mean its true.

If you can back it up with something offical then people know it to be fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

kearnsr wrote:
    If you can back it up with something offical then people know it to be fact

Well I lived there for 20 odd years and went to school there so its a case of in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king :D:D

Local knowledge is everything however I'm sure if I was bothered I could search for "proof" but I don't really have to ;)

Advertisement