Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross over TV series (not spin offs)

Options
  • 05-07-2006 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I Was looking up something and i was really surprised that "Simon and Simon" had a crossover episode with "Whizz Kids". They were TV series in the 80s. Anybody know of other cross overs of unrealated series and not spin offs or crossovers with spin offs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

St elsewhere and Cheers. Well the docs were in the bar for a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

bedlam wrote:
    There will be lots of crossovers :)

What a cool site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

I was looking for a website like that thanks a million.

Some really cool one I never heard of.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

All hail Detective John Munch! Took his character from "Homicide: Life on the Street" to "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and has played the same character in different shows on different networks in the likes of "Wings", "The X-Files" and "Arrested Development". He holds the record for playing the same character in the largest number of different series in a one week period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

And there was friends and mad about you (pheobies twin was the waitress on mad about you)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

wasnt there somethin to do with boston public and ally macbeal or ER or something? and of course footballers wives and bad girls (tanya going to jail)

yes I watch alot of bad telly - so what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jay Sherman from the Critic was in an episode of the Simpsons once, the one with the film festival. They even mocked the cheap cartoon crossover in a skit on the TV about the Flintstones meets the Jetsons or some such.

Family Guy has appeared on South Park, though that was actually Matt and Trey taking the piss out of FG and showing their hatred of it.

I started watching The Shield again from the beginning recently and noticed in one of the very first episodes (maybe the Pilot) a drug dealer on the street, it was Larry Gilliard Jr., D'Angelo Barksdale, from The Wire. He had no lines or anything and it was just a passing shot of a dealer selling to some guy in a car, but still there. He was even wearing a checked shirt like he wore in an episode of The Wire. Don't know if this was an intentional crossover or not but both series started around the same time in 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

is the guy from king of queens the same guy when he's on raymond, I trying to thinkg of current show thats done it.

which was the best crossover?

ah look at this a 4 show crossover

http://www.poobala.com/vivavegas.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Correct me if im wrong on this but i seem to remember the kids from Malcom in the Middle taking a trip to Sacred Heart hospital (Scrubs) and LaVerne was working on the desk. Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The Practice
    Ally McBeal
    Boston Public

All had cross over episodes, each created by David E.Kelley

The Practice and Boston Legal may also had had cross overs. But Boston Legal is a spin off to the practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

xfiles-millenium......cross over in one episode to mark new years 1999 ( Millenium had been already cancelled)

Millenium- Space above & beyond(made by the same people) : One of the alien soldiers( like a Cylon) is seen walking down the street in a Holloween episode when Frank Black is seeing things in his mind.

And the actor who plays john locke in Lost was in the xfiles film, in a couple of episodes(playing different characters) and a main character in Millenium.

xfiles-millenium

Frank Black is helping out the FBI in an episode of Millenium and is in FBI HQ in the background of one of the scenes you can see Mulder and Sully walking up some steps.
    Millenium- Space above & beyond(made by the same people) : One of the alien soldiers( like a Cylon) is seen walking down the street in a Holloween episode when Frank Black is seeing things in his mind.

Oh! I didn't recognise that.

And an Irish Cross Over

Some guy from Gelroe appeared in a few episodes of Fair City a few years ago as the same character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

jor el wrote:
    I started watching The Shield again from the beginning recently and noticed in one of the very first episodes (maybe the Pilot) a drug dealer on the street, it was Larry Gilliard Jr., D'Angelo Barksdale, from The Wire. He had no lines or anything and it was just a passing shot of a dealer selling to some guy in a car, but still there. He was even wearing a checked shirt like he wore in an episode of The Wire.

Doubt it, some actors just get typecast. Iirc the Shiled isnt a HBO show, and its set in LA.

Fcuk, if you want typecasting look at JD Williams (Bodie from The Wire)

The Wire: the character is a gun toting, violent short tempered kid who sells drugs and demands respect

Oz: his incarcerated character is a violent short tempered drug dealing gang member/addict (in Oz, the character Kenny Wangler was also hooked on coke/heroin. IIRC in The Wire he was primarily a dealer, there was the odd ref made to recreational use but generally Bodie had no time for junkies in his crew, part of the reason he shot the young guy who had went down the country for a bit, they suspected him of being hooked on crack)

Played a dealer in at least two music videos. One was that Oh Oh song with that one hit wonder puerto rican birdbird and Busta Rhymes. The other was Tupacs Ghetto Gospel.

As for crossovers, I seem to recall years ago Buffy and Angel fans were pissed because the BBC showed one programme and Channel 4 showed the other. In one series the plots became intertwined i.e. the plot from one carried on in the next episode of the other, but because C4 and BBC didnt co operate on the issue the continuity was fcuked

Never watched either myself, so dont even know why i mentioned it.....

As for crossovers, I seem to recall years ago Buffy and Angel fans were pissed because the BBC showed one programme and Channel 4 showed the other. In one series the plots became intertwined i.e. the plot from one carried on in the next episode of the other, but because C4 and BBC didnt co operate on the issue the continuity was fcuked

Angel is a spin off from buffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

Elmo wrote:
    Angel is a spin off from buffy.

Yeah but they had crossovers which got ruined by BBC and Channel 4 not co-ordinating their schedules. Channel 4 also showed Angel at 6pm which ruined it further.

Yeah but they had crossovers which got ruined by BBC and Channel 4 not co-ordinating their schedules. Channel 4 also showed Angel at 6pm which ruined it further.

Spin offs generally have cross over stories every now and then with their original programme.

If the CSI:Franchise had characters and stories coming from other CSI:Franchise it would then be considered a cross over as CSI is a franchise. IMO.

Advertisement