Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this kit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

It seems good value as a kit although it's isn't exactly bargain basement. You could get similar in Ireland for less although with a receiver minus blindscan/patchable. Blindscan is a big advantage with a motorised system.

Check out the delivery cost from UK first though.

DrDish review of Clarke Tech blindscan receiver:
    http://depositfiles.com/files/138897/clarke2100S.avi.html (18mb divx)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Grand video. Im sure the firmware has been well updated since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

can somebody please explain to me what 'blindscan' is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Pal wrote:

It's a feature where you are able to find all parameters of a sat signal (freq, pol, spectral inversion, symbol rate, fec, pids), with no prior information (only frequency range and symbol rate range).

• Advertisement

Sparky-s wrote:
    Grand video. Im sure the firmware has been well updated since.

The firmware site was reported on another edition of DrDish
    www.angels-of-fire.com
    user: angel
    pass: fire

Pal wrote:
    It means the receiver no longer has to rely on its own list of transponders but can find any new channels by itself using smart/blind/power/search. So you never need to look at lyngsat again. It means you can even find channels that aren't yet listed on lyngsat!

Especially useful if you are trying to find feeds which might be active for a few minutes and then disappear again.

Advertisement