Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP4111 pavilion

Options
  • 04-07-2006 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

RIght just bought a second hand one and its fab apart from the fact it keeps cutting out on me.. any ideas?

suggestions..

it happens on battery power and mains.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Define "cutting out".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

First guess is a heat problem.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Second guess is a loose circuit.

Of course with only "cutting out", it's kind of hard to diagnose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Nightshiftguy

Sorry for not being so clear..

By cutting out i mean switching off.... Could be in the middle of something and it will just switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

i go with the heat problem, check the following:
    does the computer shut down after power up or when its been running for a while?
    #does it shut down when running heavy applications, like photshop?

use an airblast to blow out the filter and the fan near the processor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Nightshiftguy

The fan doesn;t seem to be kcikin in at all.. As for heavy applications ... no.. it happens under all circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

download some monitoring software and watch the temperature rise. Chack also if the bios has a tempurature screen and watch it also.

Certainly it seems that the fan is not working. There is a place on the NCR / Phibsborough that does laptop repairs if it is out of warranty.

Advertisement