Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 9100 battery issue

Options
  • 04-07-2006 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I have a Dell Inspiron for about 18 months now without a problem, 95% of the time I run on mains power so the battery rarly gets used.
    Today after installing some new Omega drivers for my Graphics card a strange thin happened, the battery light began to flash orange.
    I thought this strange so I pulled out the mains power and the laptop died, it wont boot on battery power at all. The battery read as 100% charged in the bios aswell as when in power management.
    It just seems as if the battery isnt being recognised. I have taken it out it looks fine and is not even hot.
    Is it possible the new drivers had an impact on the power set up?
    Has anyone else had a similer problem and if so how did they resolve it?
    O if its relevant I installed a 1GB dim of new Ram recently.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Only guessing. but i'd say the battery is shagged.
    When it was running on the battery in the last few months, how long was a charge lasting??

Advertisement