Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black and white

Options
  • 04-07-2006 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

i dont really know what relavance it might have but has anyone else noticed the black and white theme running through Lost right from the first few episodes.

Locke showing Walt how to play backgammon and explaining that there is a black side and a white side

Jack finding the black and white stones on adam and eve

Claire seeing Locke in her dream playing cards at a table with black and white eyes similar to the stones jack found

the others coming for Aaron(white Child) and taking Walt (black child) instead

the white polar bear and the black horse

Eko and Locke forming a partnership.

there could be more or maybe im just reading to much but its just another part of the mystries!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

interesting, there's also a strong sense of good and evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

something tells me black is good and white is evil

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

It's definitely a recurring theme, but I doubt it is of relevance to the overall story, more symbolic of good & evil, I'd say.

And there's many more than those you've mentioned ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

what are they then???

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Off the top of me head, the only others I can remember apart from those you've already mentioned are the glasses Sayid made for James, Marvin Candle's tie, the DHARMA logo and Oreos but I'm sure there's lots more than that. If you want to bring people into it (although I've never met a black person nor a white person! ;)) then you can add Rose & Bernard to the list as well and possibly Walt & Vincent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement