Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great London Coverage (better than Google Earth)

Options
  • 04-07-2006 1:49pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Check out this map: http://www.liveatc.net/feedmap/feedmap.html

It lacks Irish coverage very much but go to london, its great!! You can nearly see the make of cars. And if you go to London City Airport, you can make out the lines in the wood that seperates the runway from the river :)

BTW this isnt anything to do with Google Earth, its a seperate thing (its also Experimental, so it could change). Google Earth is better than this map, because it has good coverage in alot more places, but the London on this map is much better

Enjoy it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

looks pretty cool:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, you have to zoom in really close to see the detail, it doesnt look much from medium zoom but zoom in the full way and you'll be impressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It looks like the same system microsoft are using.
    http://local.live.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cool, I can see where I used to live. Barking ftw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Wow, link wasn't working for me up to now but that's really cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Ruu wrote:
    Cool, I can see where I used to live. Barking ftw! :)

Jaysus, you live in Barking? I live at the UEL Barking campus now!

Edit: The detail on the UEL campus is amazing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

regents park in london...i always knew the brits were into dark magic :p

witchcrafttu9.th.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Unbelievable clarity! Again, the images are a couple of years old as my neighbour in Cambridge put down decking two years ago and there's none in this picture...unless it's so up to date it's a picture of the future! :eek: :D

EDIT: Just realised that these images are quite old! In this picture you can see that the Gherkin (circular building site on right hand side of image) in central London is only at foundation level! NAtwest tower and Lloyds buildings looking strong as always :)

Advertisement