Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan B anyone?

Options
  • 04-07-2006 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure how much talk has been done about Plan B on the board so sorry if it's been done to death....tbh despite my love of rap i rarely come on here.

I picked up his album yesterday and have to say i like it. I normally judge an album of how much inspiration it gives me, and i penned a few verses last night after listening to this one.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I prefered his first single over the Mama track,which is a concept that has been done to death.But he seems to have some decent stuff,so I'll check out his album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Orizio wrote:
    I prefered his first single over the Mama track,which is a concept that has been done to death.But he seems to have some decent stuff,so I'll check out his album.

I don't think he was doing at a concept...he just wrote it when he was 16 i think and his Mam was going out with a crackhead. Not really a concept so much as what he was feeling i suppose, but yeah, it's not the best track on the album tbh.

I like "Charmaine" for the kick in the nuts at the end, "No More Eatin'" because he does a proper freakout at the end man, you can feel the spit hitting the window of the booth! I also like "Missing Links" and "Who needs action when you got words".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Grabbed this ages ago when the "promos" surfaced and it's quality right off the bat...heard Missing Links late last year and always thought an album would be quality....didn't know how much quality it'd actually be.
    Sick2Def and No Good are top notch, both lyrically and musically....reminds me of a darker, more twisted early Streets (inevitable comparison) but the acoustic stuff and nicking tunes and lyrical snippets is very well done...the weakest track is probably Mama, but simply for the fact that I'm fed up listening to it on the radio...surprised it got a release in it's uncut form tbh.
    Other tracks that did it for me; No more eating, Where ya from? and I don't hate you.

Was gonna post a thread about this a while back but figured you guys were already all over it.
    Also loving Sway's new stuff....

Advertisement