Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmurry Springs

Options
  • 03-07-2006 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭

Has anyone played it yet??

Was thinking about heading down there for an open singles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Is that the place on the way to Rathangan?

havn't played it, but passing by, it looks worth a visit... possibly a bit "raw"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

There are 10 good holes and 8 bad ones. The course is not the easiest walk either. It is a very short course with a lot of hole next to each other. The course in general shows its newness as much of the fairways have not grown out. I used my Open Fairways book to get 50% off. Without it, this course is definitely NOT worth the price.

I would ring them and say that you are interested in membership and see if you can get a round free(trick with new courses). Otherwise its not worth the drive...too long and too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

he's going down for an open singles...shouldnt be too costly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

I played in the open there two weeks ago, it was my second time playing the course. As was said already, a bit short, not worth the drive (from Dublin), and expensive.

But in saying all that, it is nice to play a different course once in a while, and the open was €25, which is an expensive open.

I'm not in a hurry to return there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Farmer Joe

I played in one of the opens and found it a very exciting course. There is termendous variety in the holes and the place is kept to a very high standard. I'm going back again for definite and might even join their loyalty program. It took me 50 minutes from Ranelgh on a Saturday morning to get there which I found okay.

It's not an easy course which is probably what turns some people off but for me I loved it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Golf Pro

I played the scratch cup in Dunmurry Springs about a month ago and I really thought it was a great track. The first few holes are a little short but after that it is a very good test of golf. I think it mightn't suit 16+ handicappers because of the difficulty but it is a real golfers course.

I think as it matures in the next year or two it will be a terrific course. My only complaint was that it rained on the day.

Will be back there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Trampas

I played the course and it was a good course.

A very links feel to it.

They have to have the rough high as if it wasn't for the high rough the course would be a lot easier.

I nearly had a hole in one on the 11th.

Hit a 8iron in and pitched a couple of feet short and finished a couple of feet behind the hole with the hole in the direct line of the pitch mark and where the ball finished up.

I will be back again but it is still a bit pricey for opens.

It shouldn't be no more than €20 i feel for an open going by other open prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

he's going down for an open singles...shouldnt be too costly?

Varies between €20 and €25 depending on the day.
    There is an Open Simgles there next Thursday for €25.
    http://www.irishgreenfees.net/phpBB2/cal_display.php?id=837&day=27&month=7&year=2006&category=100&sid=d579c3b63068e59b14b1daeae6c417e4
    Thats site is good for details of Open Days and Open Weeks

Advertisement